Mach Vee New Design

Ok, over the last month or two i’ve been using my spare time (yes all three hours of it, lol) to work on our new design, its about done, and most every page works… thoughts, suggestions, ideas?

Looks really nice, good job. Though you may want to distinguish more between the event info and the mission statement. Just an idea.

Thanks for the feedback. Thats all you guys have to say? no other comments from anyone??

When I viewed the page, I got these strange black lines on the sidebar thingything, but on some of the pages it was perfectly normal. I have no idea what the problem could be, but you might want to try to fix it at some point. Other than that, nice job! It looks nice and I really like the diamond plate background :slight_smile:

Looks nice… works well across browsers (although in quirks mode). Maybe lose the serif fonts and if possible get it to load faster (i.e. image streamlining)?

THanks for the feedback. I’m pretty sure that if i find those pages giving you trouble i can fix them by resizing the side images. I’ve been told thats a Windows IE problem, I’ll try to get on a PC and fix those. Thanks everyone!

*Originally posted by iBob *
**Ok, over the last month or two i’ve been using my spare time (yes all three hours of it, lol) to work on our new design, its about done, and most every page works… thoughts, suggestions, ideas? **

Like the site. Plain yet informative.

You need a new messageboard though. Blogger doesn’t cut it.

–Petey

Ya i know blogger doesn’t cut it. I’m not sure what to use, any suggestions? I’m not too familiar with message board kinda stuff.

um. what can your server handle?

Invision Board (IMO this one feels alot more clean to me, both from the admin side and the user side)
phpBB seems everyone has this one

actually, a good google search will turn up more message boards than you could humanly handle. lol. most of the major ones (invisionboard/phpbb) have relatively similar features, and feel about the same anyway, so it just comes down to which you want to use. I believe both come with installation scripts to make it even easier to get up and running…

btw: do people actually use message boards? if they’re quiet initially, no one will ever use them.

Ya we do occasionally use them and many members of my team want to use it, but the blogger won’t let them or something… I’ll look more into these suggestions, thank you very much.