Madtown in the news

83 Likes

I always love seeing robotics getting out to the public through news and stuff. It’s how I got into it, and how I hope many other new people get into it too.

18 Likes

Very cool to see 1323 “making it loud”! Unfortunately I can’t focus on the robotics team in the interview because their coach seems so mean and unapproachable.

48 Likes

Slightly concerned for RC, didn’t hear a single “hella” during this interview. Is he okay?

36 Likes

he wasn’t wearing the sweater

23 Likes

sweater

Respectfully

27 Likes

WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?!

classic line, classic movie

5 Likes

Thank goodness no one dropped a TSMFC

3 Likes

Some of those Falcons do not sound happy.

1 Like

What does this stand for? (Sorry if I’m uncultured lol)

use urban dictionary

The squealing stalls? That’s normal.

It’s a result of having falcons hold position in medium stress states. No long term damage (supply current limits for brownout, stator current limits for torque/heat generation, and low duty cycles - they don’t stay in those positions very long).

Most high performance west coast bots have at least one mechanism that sings in some conditions. Drivetrain (wcd or swerve) should not sing unless you really know what you’re doing, low load end effectors with small gear reductions often sing, arms and elevators are builder’s choice.

…“if your falcons ain’t singing, you ain’t whipping”?

16 Likes

more madtown more news

8 Likes

We have 1 mentor and 20-ish active students. How do some teams get so many mentors? Is this the secret trick to having a great bot? /lh

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.