Magic balls at PCH championship

PCH match 29 is being replayed. This is a decision made at 1st headquarters. It is not a decision that can be made locally regardless of the desire.

2 Likes

I am really glad that they made the right decision. Way to go FIRST!

2 Likes

Happened at mid Atlantic champs, in auto a ball rolled up the ramp and hit the sensor a bunch of times then rolled back out and hit the sensor a bunch of times. Alliance scored 1 ball in auto but was credited with 9. In this case there’s nothing wrong with the field, just a freak thing. They did replay though.

1 Like

I am not a trained scorekeeper, so I don’t want to comment out of my depth here. But there are error checks and red flags that FMS throws up to the scorekeeper before scores are submitted, and scores cannot be finalized until they’re cleared.

(I didn’t read the entire thread so I could be restating). Our team attended this event and this match was replayed with correctly working FMS the next day.

There are three sensors on each hub output. Two beam break sensors and one color sensor. They each count independently. If they don’t agree, the score can’t be submitted.

1 Like