Making a Band

Posted by Andrew Kostka at 05/11/2001 2:31 PM EST

Student on team #419, Rambots, from B.C. High.

On the plane back from Florida, I was talking to some fellow team members and realized that we had all of the ingrediants to start a band (except for pretty faces). With Casey on drums, Mike O’Leary on bass, Ryan Joyce on guitar and myself on guitar/vocals/kazoo/powertrip, we could put a band together for Florida by next year. What I want to know is if anyone would be interested in a performance in Florida and if so, suggestions on making it work (getting equipment down there, using a P.A., getting permission etc.). I would be willing to get things together and post mp3’s on the website if people would be interested.

Posted by Chris Hibner at 05/11/2001 2:52 PM EST

Coach on team #308, Walled Lake Monster, from Walled Lake Schools and TRW Automotive Electronics.

In Reply to: Making a Band
Posted by Andrew Kostka on 05/11/2001 2:31 PM EST:

If your drummer gets sick, let me know. I used to play in a band that played the night club circuit in Michigan.

Posted by Mike Corliss at 05/11/2001 4:50 PM EST

Student on team #419, Rambots, from BC High and :(.

I can’t do anything, but i would be glad to attempt to.
Maybe i could be like that guy in the bostones who
dances. I’m all over that.

McMike can dance like a true irish-man

Posted by mike oleary at 05/11/2001 11:28 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and…oh wait just bc high and hmmm…sponsors…thats a good idea.

In Reply to: Re: Making a Band
Posted by Mike Corliss on 05/11/2001 4:50 PM EST:

meaning not at all?

: McMike can dance like a true irish-man

Posted by Robby at 05/11/2001 9:37 PM EST

Other on team #108, The SigmaC@Ts, from AIFL and Motorola.

(bad french accent)You stole my bit! You stole my bit! You american pig dog! Your mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elderberries! Oh poo… Well, just thought i would point that out you silly silly little boy, you.

To make it work you need me on the pogostick with the kazoo in hand playing along with you guys. I got charisma! And the lungs to do it too!

Okay, nuff o that. Depending on what I do next year (i/e how big im involved with volunteering) I may convince My college kazoo band to come up and play. We’re the TRIBE OF THE FLYING GOLDEN BLOWFISH’S MARCHING KAZOO BAND. There’s a good 25 or so of us. We also do performances and may work up a FIRST musical. Would that be a kicker? By the way, check out the link below for great promo items…

-Robby O
FIRSTanimators Moderator

Posted by Gui Cavalcanti at 05/11/2001 10:40 PM EST

Student on team #422, Mech Tech, from Governor’s School (GSGIS) and Verizon.

In Reply to: Re: Making a Band - DOH!
Posted by Robby on 05/11/2001 9:37 PM EST:

::twitch::

Well… this is FIRST… therefore… I’m sure some people… would pay to see that… meanwhile, I’m going to go put a lighter to the kazoo I have near me. Pogoing… kazooers… marching… ::twitch::

-Gui Cavalcanti

Posted by mike oleary at 05/11/2001 11:29 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and…oh wait just bc high and hmmm…sponsors…thats a good idea.

definately need you on pogostick or unicycle…i remember you…you was nuts

: (bad french accent)You stole my bit! You stole my bit! You american pig dog! Your mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elderberries! Oh poo… Well, just thought i would point that out you silly silly little boy, you.

: To make it work you need me on the pogostick with the kazoo in hand playing along with you guys. I got charisma! And the lungs to do it too!

: Okay, nuff o that. Depending on what I do next year (i/e how big im involved with volunteering) I may convince My college kazoo band to come up and play. We’re the TRIBE OF THE FLYING GOLDEN BLOWFISH’S MARCHING KAZOO BAND. There’s a good 25 or so of us. We also do performances and may work up a FIRST musical. Would that be a kicker? By the way, check out the link below for great promo items…

: -Robby O
: FIRSTanimators Moderator

Posted by mike oleary at 05/11/2001 11:29 PM EST

definately need you on pogostick or unicycle…i remember you…you was nuts

: (bad french accent)You stole my bit! You stole my bit! You american pig dog! Your mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elderberries! Oh poo… Well, just thought i would point that out you silly silly little boy, you.

: To make it work you need me on the pogostick with the kazoo in hand playing along with you guys. I got charisma! And the lungs to do it too!

: Okay, nuff o that. Depending on what I do next year (i/e how big im involved with volunteering) I may convince My college kazoo band to come up and play. We’re the TRIBE OF THE FLYING GOLDEN BLOWFISH’S MARCHING KAZOO BAND. There’s a good 25 or so of us. We also do performances and may work up a FIRST musical. Would that be a kicker? By the way, check out the link below for great promo items…

: -Robby O
: FIRSTanimators Moderator

Posted by Justin C. at 05/13/2001 6:13 PM EST

Student on team #71, Team Hammond, from Hammond High and Beatty Machine.

I would be interested in helping out this project. I
play in a band called Flight 77. (Team #71’s house
band). We have a website, everyone should check
it out. Then check out Team Hammond’s website
from the Flight 77 link page. I made both sites!
…Kazoo…lighter…??? (i got it)

Posted by Andrew Kostka at 05/13/2001 9:39 PM EST

Would anyone be interested in SEEING a live performance like at the closing ceremonies? I think it could be cool, even having other bands perform, especially that all kazoo band (I LOVE KAZOOs hehe), but I want to know if there’s any general interest.

: On the plane back from Florida, I was talking to some fellow team members and realized that we had all of the ingrediants to start a band (except for pretty faces). With Casey on drums, Mike O’Leary on bass, Ryan Joyce on guitar and myself on guitar/vocals/kazoo/powertrip, we could put a band together for Florida by next year. What I want to know is if anyone would be interested in a performance in Florida and if so, suggestions on making it work (getting equipment down there, using a P.A., getting permission etc.). I would be willing to get things together and post mp3’s on the website if people would be interested.

Posted by mike oleary at 05/13/2001 9:49 PM EST

In Reply to: Penny for your thoughts
Posted by Andrew Kostka on 05/13/2001 9:39 PM EST:

of course there would be…just one thing: i dont play bass…i thought the plan was me and joyce on guitar, casey on drums, you on guitar/vocals/whatnot, and tim wood on bass…
on the otherhand it would be cool to learn bass…
mike who plays guitar but is willing to try anything once

: Would anyone be interested in SEEING a live performance like at the closing ceremonies? I think it could be cool, even having other bands perform, especially that all kazoo band (I LOVE KAZOOs hehe), but I want to know if there’s any general interest.

: : On the plane back from Florida, I was talking to some fellow team members and realized that we had all of the ingrediants to start a band (except for pretty faces). With Casey on drums, Mike O’Leary on bass, Ryan Joyce on guitar and myself on guitar/vocals/kazoo/powertrip, we could put a band together for Florida by next year. What I want to know is if anyone would be interested in a performance in Florida and if so, suggestions on making it work (getting equipment down there, using a P.A., getting permission etc.). I would be willing to get things together and post mp3’s on the website if people would be interested.

Posted by Mike Corliss at 05/13/2001 10:38 PM EST

In Reply to: Re: Penny for your thoughts
Posted by mike oleary on 05/13/2001 9:49 PM EST:

Yeah, we should fit Mike Corliss in there too. That
kid is so cool. He would make any band we make
a bajillion times better. And he’s sexy too!

Just your average anonymous tipster

Posted by Andrew Kostka at 05/14/2001 9:44 AM EST

In Reply to: Achem
Posted by Mike Corliss on 05/13/2001 10:38 PM EST:

Too bad Mike hasn’t asked to be a part of it. Oh well, he has no musical talent whatsoever anyway. Maybe he could stand on his head.

: Yeah, we should fit Mike Corliss in there too. That
: kid is so cool. He would make any band we make
: a bajillion times better. And he’s sexy too!

: Just your average anonymous tipster

Posted by mike oleary at 05/14/2001 4:20 PM EST

In Reply to: Re: Achem
Posted by Andrew Kostka on 05/14/2001 9:44 AM EST:

or rap and breakdance

: Too bad Mike hasn’t asked to be a part of it. Oh well, he has no musical talent whatsoever anyway. Maybe he could stand on his head.

: : Yeah, we should fit Mike Corliss in there too. That
: : kid is so cool. He would make any band we make
: : a bajillion times better. And he’s sexy too!

: : Just your average anonymous tipster

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 05/14/2001 9:08 AM EST

Student on team #495, The Pack, from Jamestown High School and VBEP/Raytheon/Saic.

I would love to have a band like this! You guys could play at closing or you could have your own dance party in Epcot. I’d be willing to be in on the stage show (not much musical talent here except singing). I’d even wear my silver wig, or I could stick with the blond spikes. At any rate I think making a band would be a great idea. One question though, what kind of music?
C-ya,
Carolyn

Posted by Andrew Kostka at 05/14/2001 9:40 AM EST

In Reply to: Re: Making a Band!!! Music?
Posted by Carolyn Duncan on 05/14/2001 9:08 AM EST:

We’ll play anything good, but mostly punk (I mean GOOD punk) grunge, and metel. Good rock. I have a band back in my town that’s kind of the same thing and we have yet to find someone who doesn’t like us (besides the parents who have to put up with practice sessions).

Think Nirvana, Green Day and Creed (minus the god jibberjabber) all put in a blender set to “Liquify”, pour smothly onto a cookie sheet, bake at 350° for 20 minutes, and let cool. That’s what we do.

: I would love to have a band like this! You guys could play at closing or you could have your own dance party in Epcot. I’d be willing to be in on the stage show (not much musical talent here except singing). I’d even wear my silver wig, or I could stick with the blond spikes. At any rate I think making a band would be a great idea. One question though, what kind of music?
: C-ya,
: Carolyn

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 05/14/2001 3:28 PM EST

Student on team #495, The Pack, from Jamestown High School and VBEP/Raytheon/Saic.

Posted by Andrew Kostka on 05/14/2001 9:40 AM EST:

Sounds pretty kick-■■■ to me! The only other music I really like is techno so those types all work for me. I’ll be dancin’ to ya’ll’s music. (yes I am from the south, get over it.) My good friends are in a band and that’s what they play, they’re Rufus Porter, great name cool music.
C-ya,
Carolyn

Posted by mike oleary at 05/14/2001 4:22 PM EST

Posted by Andrew Kostka on 05/14/2001 9:40 AM EST:

plus probably throw in some ska just for kicks (reel big fish…might mighty bosstones…)

: We’ll play anything good, but mostly punk (I mean GOOD punk) grunge, and metel. Good rock. I have a band back in my town that’s kind of the same thing and we have yet to find someone who doesn’t like us (besides the parents who have to put up with practice sessions).

: Think Nirvana, Green Day and Creed (minus the god jibberjabber) all put in a blender set to “Liquify”, pour smothly onto a cookie sheet, bake at 350° for 20 minutes, and let cool. That’s what we do.

: : I would love to have a band like this! You guys could play at closing or you could have your own dance party in Epcot. I’d be willing to be in on the stage show (not much musical talent here except singing). I’d even wear my silver wig, or I could stick with the blond spikes. At any rate I think making a band would be a great idea. One question though, what kind of music?
: : C-ya,
: : Carolyn

Posted by Mike Corliss at 05/15/2001 1:30 PM EST

Posted by mike oleary on 05/14/2001 4:22 PM EST:

yeah, man, we should focus more on the ska type stuff and less on the nirvana mumbo-jumbo
we should do some chill stuff too, like dispatch or coldplay, or nina (99 red ballons is so kick @$$). stuf like that is pissa’

Mike: Supporter of a healthy helping of Chill in band practices

Posted by mike oleary at 05/15/2001 4:23 PM EST

Posted by Mike Corliss on 05/15/2001 1:30 PM EST:

ska is good…but still…youve just INSULTED NIRVANA…insulting nirvana my god what has this forum come too?
quick question for andrew kostkas: who is youre god?

: yeah, man, we should focus more on the ska type stuff and less on the nirvana mumbo-jumbo
: we should do some chill stuff too, like dispatch or coldplay, or nina (99 red ballons is so kick @$$). stuf like that is pissa’
:
: Mike: Supporter of a healthy helping of Chill in band practices