For those of you who’ve been at the MARC in the last 2 years, you know of the MARCStats system I’ve been trying to perfect. At this point, it is nearly at the point of being usable. Here’s a little bit of what I’ve been working on:
- Redesigning the TV display so that it doesn’t explode the browser or fail to load data; also making it look shiny and nice.
- Reworking the interface to make it more intuitive
- Fixing the score calculators so that it stops displaying incorrect scores; updating for Logomotion
- Making the whole thing look a little bit better
- Making the system more secure
Hopefully I can have it working 100% by the MARC this year. If anyone wants to volunteer to be on-call (as in, you’re willing to correspond via PM or email to discuss parts of the software or help out with scoring issues), please let me know.
The ultimate goal is to have the software available for use at multiple events by the 2012 post-season. I’ll leave TBA and Code Red to handle the regular season events.
Here’s a quick screenshot of the new TV display in the works:
The live software will be running on http://cadmium.brandonjd.net/web/marc on and off over the next few days. It really depends on whether my computer’s turned on or not (hint: it usually is).
Also, the revision system is at https://bitbucket.org/Turaiel/marcstats/changesets. Ignore the dbconfig.php in the first changeset, as the password is no longer valid.
P.S. Here’s the old TV display in case you want to compare: LINK!