Maryland State Fair 2003

So, who’s going to the Maryland State Fair competition 2003? I went to the website, but it hasn’t been updated in awhile and I couldn’t find a list of teams.

Two more questions, if you’re going. When are you bringing your robot up, and will you be there for the Friday festivities (obstacle course, etc.)?

Team 190 will be heading down again this year for the competition. But like last year, we’ll only be there for the Saturday-Monday competition and none of the other fun earlier in the week.

We look forward to it again. We had a great time and got plenty of playing time to help train some new drivers and get our rookies interested in the team.

Dosn’t look like 384 is going, but hey, I’m in Cleveland now, what do I know… :wink:

I received an e-mail through the team list that 84 is planning on participating once again. I’m not sure on any details, as I am in college now.

/note: MD Fair was one of the most grueling competitions I experienced in my LONG driving career. Not only is it competitive… but it is set off by three full days of competition.

TEAM 888 will be there again this year. we had lots of fun last year. it was a great way to give new members on the team a introduction into how a competition works. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

I’m going to be on vacation in Maryland this weekend. Where is all of this taking place?

Actually, I will probably end up thinking I’ve lost it again when I hear FIRST competition music and cheering. Long story… I just have a bizarre habit of accidently walking in on FIRST competitions that I didn’t know about.

:rolleyes:

jillian

*Originally posted by Jillian B. *
**I’m going to be on vacation in Maryland this weekend. Where is all of this taking place?

Actually, I will probably end up thinking I’ve lost it again when I hear FIRST competition music and cheering. Long story… I just have a bizarre habit of accidently walking in on FIRST competitions that I didn’t know about.

:rolleyes:

jillian **

Timmonium, MD… just north of Baltimore… and near I-84… Maryland State Fairgrounds … with nearby Krispy Kreme!

hmmm…maybe i’ll drop by. im going to baltimore (mom works there). and then off to annapolis.

so, its this weekend? is there a website for it?

thanks!

jillian

It’s not this weekend, but the weekend after (Labor Day weekend). Well, that’s when the competitions are anyway. There are supposedly events going on at the fair all week (next week) before the competitions during Labor Day wknd, but I’m not really sure what all that is.

Like Colleen said above, we wont be there for the week-events, but will be there Sat-Monday for the competition.

Yes, there is a website… I’m not sure what it’s address is off-hand, but last I checked there really wasnt any good information regarding the robotics event at the fair. You could probably find it by searching for “maryland state fair” on Google.

Teams on the email list. 47 teams, registration was only open to 24. Take your pick.

116 will be there, and I will be there on random days.

Offical Website

Wetzel

Team 357 Royal Assault will be there. We dropped the robot of yesterday(8/21) but will not be back till the competition on the 30th. While I was there I saw that Team 341, 225, and 007 had dropped off their robots. Mike Wade and his crew were hard at work getting everything set up. I would like to say thanks in advance to Mike and his staff for all their effort in getting this event up and running. This will be our first time at the event any advice from previous attendees? I can’t wait till the competition. See you at the fair!

i have been over there setting up over the past few days and I thought I would correct a few things I saw in this tread

The state fair is by I- 83 not I-84

wetzel I have no idea where that list of teams came from but that isn’t right at all

because mike wade puts on a few off season competitions it is possible that the e-mail list was generic

it is all set up for the fair and it looks like it will be a blast. also for anyone in the Baltimore area there will be a news broadcast of the state fair Saturday at 8 or 9 am on wjz13 which will include the lego league and the regular comp so look for that

well I will be there in and out all week working so look for me…

Mike Wade builds it…and we come…pretty much as a rule!

Bear Mete (our bot) went down Tuesday. We’re probably sending kids down to practice after school Mon - Thurs.

LisaT :smiley:

Leo & Pat will be there from TSS this weekend. I wanna go! :frowning: