Max score on a single peg

Since ubertubes count as 6 points when placed and also multiply the entire peg’s score by two, our team had a small question about scoring.

If we have an ubertube on all three pegs of a top row (during autonomous), then place three tubes on top of these ubertubes, forming the logo, what would the maximum score be?

If the ubertubes are first counted after autonomous, we would now have a total of 18 points (6 x 3). Once we add three tubes on top of these ubertubes (in the form of the FIRST logo), we would add an additional 18 points ([3 x 3] x 2). At the end of the match however, the ubertubes multiply the score of a peg by 2. Does the ubertube placement bonus (the original 6 points) factor into this multiplication or does the top tube solely contribute to the multiplication?

Those 6 points for the Ubertubes are points scored in autonomous, it’s not another multiplier.

I got 54 for the max score on the top row, which seems to be what you’re asking.

In autonomous:
(3 ubertubes)x(6 points)= 18 points

In teleop:
(3 game pieces on top row over ubertube)x(6 points)= 18
Multiply that by two for creating a logo: 18x2=36

18 (autonomous) + 36 (teleoperated)=54 points for the top row.

(looking at rules <G64> through <G67>)

Top row:
6 points per peg for uber x 3 = 18

3 points per peg for logo x 3 = 9
3 points per peg for covered uber x 3 = 9

6 points per peg for full uber logo x 3 = 18

18 + 9 + 9 + 18 = 54 points for full uber top row logo

Middle row:
4 points per peg for uber x 3 = 12

2 points per peg for logo x 3 = 6
2 points per peg for covered uber x 3 = 6

4 points per peg for full uber logo x 3 = 12

12 + 6 + 6 + 12 = 36 points for full uber Middle row logo

Bottom row:
2 points per peg for uber x 3 = 6

1 points per peg for logo x 3 = 3
1 points per peg for covered uber x 3 = 3

2 points per peg for full uber logo x 3 = 6

6 + 3 + 3 + 6 = 18 points for full uber low row logo

-Joe

Hold on.

If you were to score all three ubertubes on the top row, and create a logo on top of them, the points that the ubertubes scored in aunotomous would also be doubled.

<G66> If three LOGO PIECES form a LOGO, the assigned points from the SCORING PEGS in that row of that SCORING GRID are given as an additional LOGO BONUS, effectively doubling the score of the row.

The logo bonus is applied to the peg score of the entire row of scoring pegs. The peg score includes the points of the ubertubes, which are game pieces.

In autonomous:
(3 ubertubes)x(6 points)= 18 points

In teleop:
(3 logo pieces on top row over ubertube)x(6 points)= 18

Total score for 3 pegs: (18 auton)+(18 teleop)= 36

Logo bonus: (36 for the peg scores)x(2 for the bonus)=72 maximum points for the top row.

This is something that my team discovered today. Can someone else confirm this as true?

Ubertubes are scored in the autonomous mode, not as part of the peg score. “Peg score” refers to the amount of points you get in teleop.

From posting in another thread, I have found the conclusion this must be answered by the GDC. In the manual regarding scoring it is currently to vague and open to misinterpretation.

<G66>if three LOGO PIECES form a LOGO, the assigned points from the SCORING PEGS in that row of that SCORING GRID are given as an additional LOGO BONUS

<G66> “assigned points” seems confusing on what it is defined as? all points assigned to the peg (meaning uber tubes count)? or is it all points from the peg score (meaning uber tubes aren’t doubled by logo points)?

That’s what I figured yesterday. Although it will be very unlikely.

Can you find a rule that specifies that?

AUTONOMOUS SCORE – the sum of points determined by the positions of the three ALLIANCE
UBERTUBES at the conclusion of the AUTONOMOUS PERIOD.

PEG SCORE – the sum of points determined by the position of GAME PIECES on the ALLIANCE’S
SCORING GRIDS.

G62> Each ALLIANCE receives a MATCH SCORE which is the sum of its AUTONOMOUS SCORE,
PEG SCORE, LOGO BONUS and RACE SCORE, less any assigned PENALTIES. The
AUTONOMOUS SCORE is tabulated at the conclusion of the AUTONOMOUS PERIOD; all
other scores are tabulated at the conclusion of the MATCH.

This being said, the autonomous score cannot be changed after Autonomous is over. It is a score added to the other scores (Peg Score and Race Score). The only effect a Ubertube has during telop is the mutiplier, not the auto score.

You can see how the scoring system works by using this calculator:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88417&highlight=Calculator

That appears right. Thanks, Phil.

Absolutely, and PLEASE check out the score calculator! You have no idea how much it has helped our team and our strategy already!!!

Yes, phil, thank you, it helped solve an argument today!
(Then it caused another when the people argued that it may not be right, so someone whipped out the rules and hit them with a large dose of rule citations.)

I see the max score for a logo on the top row as 45 points.

AUTONOMOUS SCORE: 3 UBERTUBES on the top row x 6 points each = 18 points
PEG SCORE: 3 LOGO PIECES over UBERTUBES on the top row x 6 points each = 18 points
LOGO BONUS: 9 points for a LOGO on the top row

18 + 18 + 9 = 45

Here’s some evidence for my interpretation of the LOGO BONUS. These are the only 3 instances of the phrase “LOGO BONUS” in the Manual. Emphasis mine.

The words “added,” “sum,” and “additional” tell me that we should be adding a set bonus (9, 6, or 3) whenever there is a LOGO, not just doubling the values of those PEG SCORES.

Sigh. I can also see that as being true. Seems like another one for the Q&A.

But adding those values is the same as adding the other half of the 2x bonus.

ie:
Adding 3 points to a top row tube with a Ubertube behind it is the same as multiplying the score on that peg by two.

You are correct in the fact that it can be added on, but you can just say the score on each peg is multiplied by two if there is an Ubertube behind it. The calculation comes out to the same thing and it defeats the purpose of adding different values based on the height.

Either way it is right, but I do understand how the rules refer to adding on to the score, rather than multiplying it.