Max score?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Did anyone calculate a theoretical max score yet?

1 Like

i believe its 154 not positive though.

I calculated 151 but close enough

1 Like

You don’t have to preplace any hatch panels, though, you can just put cargo and pick it up when it falls. Unless I read the manual wrong.

Theoretical Max Score:

3 robots on Level 2 (there’s no rule against it, so in theory this is max) = 18
20 CARGO in spacecraft (max) = 60
20 HATCH PANELS in spacecraft = 40
3 robots on level 3 = 36 points

18+60+40+36 = 154

-George

4 Likes

154, assuming no penalties and all 3 bots at level 3 of the hab (which I highly doubt would happen, but I could be wrong)

1 Like

154 point cap, so defense is gonna be super important this year. I could see a team doing just defense and “climbing” doing well.

1 Like

154 without penalties - however that would need to be a dream team with a dream match.

2 Likes

Rockets… 6 levels x (3+3+2+2) = 60 pts
Cargoship… 8 x 5 = 40pts
Sandstorm bonus= 6x3 =18 pts
Endgame = 36

= 154 total

2 Likes

2(6(2+3))
number of rockets(spaces in each rocket(hatch points + cargo points))
= 60 points

8(2+3)
spaces in cargo ship(hatch points + cargo points)
= 40 points

18 points for sandstorm mobility
36 points for parking

60+40+18+36=154

1 Like

There are six bays on each rocket for max of 12 CARGO and 12 HATCH, at 3 and 2 points each for a total of 60 points for the rockets. What do you mean second rocket scoring?

Does anyone else think that 154 is low?

1 Like

we could multiply every score by 10…

1 Like

yea you could

1 Like

why though, what would the purpose be?

make the scores look higher. other than that, absolutely nothing. instead of MS being 154, it’d be 1540

its 154 its my bad
Except fouls

1 Like

We calculated 151 because we don’t believe it will be viable to fit two robots (with bumpers) on a single L2 Hab platform, so max Sandstorm points are 15 not 18. Maybe two narrow bots will pull it off occasionally… kinda doubt it. How narrow would two robots need to be to share? 15” - 18” without bumpers?

People are saying 154, but if you don’t allow multiple bots on one step, it becomes 139 ( I believe). I’m really not sure how or even if you can fit multiple bots on one step for the beginning or endgame. Section 5.3 states:

For the purposes of assessing SANDSTORM and HAB Climb Bonuses described in Table 4-1, a ROBOT
is considered to have started from, or climbed to, a HAB Level if:

1. the ROBOT’S BUMPERS are fully above the Level’s platform and
  2. the ROBOT is only supported by:
    o surfaces of the HAB at or above that Level,
    o ALLIANCE WALL, and/or
    o another ROBOT which has climbed to that HAB Level or higher

There’s some debate as to whether part 1 requires the bumpers to be fully contained within a bounding box around the platform or if they just have to be elevated higher than that level. If they just have to be elevated higher, then teams could potentially support their teammates at Level 3, no problem (rules-wise, not design-wise). If, on the other hand, the robots have to be fully above that platform’s region, then probably only one or at most two could fit on a step.

The OP asked for max theoretical, not max practical.

-George