May 30: Maryland's Place in Space

Maryland’s Place in Space - NASA

This event is being held at the Baltimore Convention Center Saturday May 30 and is free and open to the public. http://mdplaceinspace.jhuapl.edu/

Goddard will be featuring a modified FIRST Lunacy field and pit set ups for teams for this Demo Day event.

We are hoping to recruit 40 Student Ambassadors. There will be two types of Student Ambassadors. All Student Ambassadors will wear their team uniform and will receive official FIRST badges. Students may sign up to be Ambassadors even if their team is not signed up to participate.

1. NASA has asked us to provide FIRST Student Ambassadors to help with the many hands-on activities they will be featuring at this event for students, including Passport Stations at various locations. NASA reps will train these Ambassadors. These Ambassadors could be either middle or high school students. Community Service hours could be awarded if arrangement are made in advance with me.

2. There will also be Student Ambassadors to interact with the public/VIPs and explain FIRST and especially the FIRST Robotics Competition. These Ambassadors will receive advance training materials and will have a brief training before the event opens to the public. There will be no Community Service hours awarded for this role.

Please have interested students email me with their name, their team affiliation, their email address and their preference as either a “Passport Ambassador” or a “FRC Ambassador.” More details will be sent to Ambassadors who sign up.

Thanks and email me any questions you may have. Questions about team participation, other volunteer roles and the overall event will be forwarded on to the organizers.

We would be very interested in helping with this event.

We deeply appreciate the help that NASA GSFC gives to our school by bringing a competition field each year to Ramp Riot .

This would be a great opportunity for our kids to give back to NASA and FIRST.

We would be very happy to help, wherever needed.

Al Ostrow

Hi Al,
I am only coordinating Ambassadors. Please email the names of any students who would like to play that role.
If you put your thoughts about helping in an email and send to me, I will forward on to organizers.
Thanks.

We are still recruiting for either FRC Ambassadors or Passport Ambassadors to assist NASA with hands on activities. Training and lunch provided.

Many thanks to the 16 FRC teams and all amazing volunteers, the 5th gear simulation group, and the Vex volunteers who put on a great show at the Baltimore Convention Center and generated lots of excitement about robots, and FIRST.

In additional, thanks to the 36 very helpful student ambassadors from FLL, FTC and FRC teams who worked hard all day helping NASA and dozens of other organizations with the hands-on exhibits, as well as explaining FIRST to the VIPs and the public. A noisy, hectic and fun day!