Mayhem in Merrimack

Posted by Anton Abaya.

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and NASA, Mathsoft, Solidworks.

Posted on 6/7/2000 7:42 PM MST

Goodie, i cant wait to see the Rambot in action again. Good luck to all the other participants this saturday.

hmm… gracious professionalism doesn’t count anymore in these comps right??? mwhahahahaha…

kidding :slight_smile: What? We’re only hiding that flame thrower we all want to put on our robots :wink:

-a

Posted by colleen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #246, a FIRST-aholic, from John D. O’Byrant High School/Boston Latin Academy and NSTAR/Boston University/UTC/Raytheon/MassPEP.

Posted on 6/7/2000 9:36 PM MST

In Reply to: Mayhem in Merrimack posted by Anton Abaya on 6/7/2000 7:42 PM MST:

man… i hate waiting for FIRST competitions (although it’s better than christmas)…

…my Jock Jams 1 CD is getting way too overplayed these days (if that is possible… )… i can’t wait! our little bot may be in pieces in the living room right now… but it’ll be ready to fight again come saturday… with a few minor adjustments…

(rumor has it that 246 will be able to SCORE and not just DEFEND at Mayhem… if this fishing line works right… (i swear to god it’s from small parts! :-P))

good luck everyone… and all those going to the BOMB (i think that’s this weekend too…)… and everyone going to WPI… and this Rumble thing that everyone keeps talking about that’s rumored to happen… best of luck… may you have tons of fun!

-colleen

Posted by Lee Sussman.

Student on team #95, Lebanon Robotics Team, LRT, from Lebanon Highschool and Crrel.

Posted on 6/8/2000 7:12 AM MST

In Reply to: Saturday’s taking too long to get here! posted by colleen on 6/7/2000 9:36 PM MST:

Jock Jams??? no comment… LOL :slight_smile:
Anyway, good luck to all mahem participants, team 95 is gonna be there, we wish you all luck!

Posted by Erin.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Student on team #1, The Juggernauts, from Oakland Technical Center-Northeast Campus and 3-Dimensional Services.

Posted on 6/9/2000 2:29 PM MST

In Reply to: Saturday’s taking too long to get here! posted by colleen on 6/7/2000 9:36 PM MST:

Coll-

BE GLAD!! I have to wait until the 23rd for the next comp (the B.O.M.B.)

Do you know how many open houses and boring days I have to put up with until then? I am going to go crazy!!!

-Erin

Posted by colleen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #246, a FIRST-aholic, from John D. O’Byrant High School/Boston Latin Academy and NSTAR/Boston University/UTC/Raytheon/MassPEP.

Posted on 6/9/2000 11:20 PM MST

In Reply to: Be glad Saturday is close! posted by Erin on 6/9/2000 2:29 PM MST:

hehe erin :slight_smile:

do like i did… take the robot and put it in your living room to work on while watching videos from the nationals (well, matches 265 and beyond :-)…

it’s about the only thing that’s keeping me sane… it’s 1:21am… the robot doesn’t even drive, and i’m leaving at 5am… it’s great :-)…

… but nonetheless… i have a robot in my living room :stuck_out_tongue:

Posted by “MOE”.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #88, TJ2, from Bridgewater-Raynham Reg. High School and Johnson & Johnson .

Posted on 6/8/2000 6:27 PM MST

HELLOOOoooooooo
(HI TO ALL) see you on Sat. Last year was a super time
I would say I bet this year will be a great time for all also, Till we
all meet up again TA TA for now take care and DRIVE SAFELY
TEAM 88 TJ2 and MOE.

Posted by Lora Knepper.

Student on team #69, HYPER (Helping Youth Pursue Engineering & Robotics), from Quincy Public Schools and The Gillette Company.

Posted on 6/8/2000 7:57 PM MST

To all those going to Mayhem,

PLEASE post how everything goes!! Last year I ran team 69 at Mayhem, and this year the ACT test fell on the same day as competition…so unfortunately, college admissions came first…blah…I wanna go!! =) Sooooo…beware of 69, she’ll be piloting with 2 rookie drivers, and for those of you who remember the long armed monstrosity from team HYPER :wink: that won’t be an easy task! Good luck to all! See you all at BattleCry @ WPI…and what’s this about a Rumble???..

Lora

Posted by Jon.

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

Posted on 6/9/2000 3:15 PM MST

In Reply to: Going into Withdrawal…and can’t go to Mayhem!!! posted by Lora Knepper on 6/8/2000 7:57 PM MST:

battlecry is gonna rock so much…
i got us some golfcarts to put the robots in to take them to the machine shop… and our trophies are FIRST-proofed and FIRST-A-Holic Approved! i’ve seen the prototype and put the stamp of approval on them personally.

just had to share. i’m just happy i sold the golfcart idea. i love those things… i ‘test’ them for safety and carrying capacity… yea… that’s it…

Posted by Lora Knepper.

Student on team #69, HYPER (Helping Youth Pursue Engineering & Robotics), from Quincy Public Schools and The Gillette Company.

Posted on 6/10/2000 12:07 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Going into Withdrawal…and can’t go to Mayhem!!! posted by Jon on 6/9/2000 3:15 PM MST:

Golf carts? Jon, you have to let me get ahold of one of those!! :wink: …The possibilities! See you next Saturday!

Lora