Mayhem Results

Posted by colleen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #246, a FIRST-aholic, from John D. O’Byrant High School/Boston Latin Academy and NSTAR/Boston University/UTC/Raytheon/MassPEP.

Posted on 6/10/2000 5:01 PM MST

Just wanted to say the team up in Tyngsboro puts on a great show…

131 Osram/Fleet & Manchester Central High with Team 95 - Lebanon Robotics won…

Finalists: team 222 and 130

People’s choice: 131

Above and Beyond Award: 222

Highest Score: ??? (fails my memory)

it really was a great time… looooved doing the play-by-play and having one more swing on those joysticks (don’t even let DJ tell ya i didn’t knock him over… tag teamed when we were already without a partner and it was still a close match…)

it was great fun… look forward to seeing everyone at WPI this weekend… i’ll be on the field with 246 and behind the mic a good majority of the day… :slight_smile:

Posted by Mike Kulibaba.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #88, TJ², from Bridgewater-Raynham Regional and Depuy, a Johnson and Johnson Company.

Posted on 6/10/2000 10:03 PM MST

In Reply to: Mayhem Results posted by colleen on 6/10/2000 5:01 PM MST:

Colleen, I would have to agree that the competition up in Tyngsboro was a great success and a great competition. As a referee I got to see up close the robots and it was very intense and very fun. You did a great job on the mic and I thought you were going to beat the other two teams on that two on one match. I can’t wait for WPI next week, I expect most of the same great teams to be there. It will be exciting for all. Have a great day.

Kuli Team 88 Tj²

Posted by colleen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #246, a FIRST-aholic, from John D. O’Byrant High School/Boston Latin Academy and NSTAR/Boston University/UTC/Raytheon/MassPEP.

Posted on 6/11/2000 7:00 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Mayhem Results posted by Mike Kulibaba on 6/10/2000 10:03 PM MST:

Hey Kuli

Thanks a bunch… i was hoping to beat 42 and 155 in that two-on-one… seeing as we had no ability to score, i wouldn’t have thought those guys would just tag team me… but hey… that little match up was for me and Deej (former driver of 42… we spent 4 years in HS driving 'gainst each other… we did a one-on-one at Rumble last year (i won the shirt off his back…) and so we wanted another whirl this year…)

nice job ref’ing… hope to see ya again at WPI and maybe some other competition come mid-august…

and to jon… you’re mayhem message posted above… since sam was the guy who asked me to help… i couldn’t really be mad about any interruption…

but no one worry… i’ll be behind the mic again at WPI… (thanks to Ken) :slight_smile: i can’t wait…

see everyone on saturday

Posted by Anton Abaya.

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and NASA, Mathsoft, Solidworks.

Posted on 6/10/2000 11:51 PM MST

the rambots for the first time went to a competition without a single engineer. it was really our test run to try to go independent from a past dependence on engineeers. we lacked experience in many aspects and we learned. it was stressful, exhilirating, tense, but loads of fun. We were an all rookie group at its best. We placed 10th of 20. Our robot broke alright, but we got up each round and fixed it — without having stock materials, power tools, or equipment. We sorta improvised and got things going. A few mistakes, a few errors, but we were there to stay and have a great time.

Thanks to all the great teams that helped us and vice versa. I knew we lent that radio transmitter to someone… (hello aztechs…)

By the way, the sparks that we made were intentional. We intentionally touched the hose clamp of the battery onto the battery power. We wanted some fireworks. :wink:

hehe…ooops? nothing broken though, cept for a few egos. It was cool to see our robot become one big electric conductor. Too bad we didn’t have LED lights mounted on its frame. They might have lit up during that fun incident.

BATTLECRY @ WPI IS GOING TO ROCK. We’re already making preparations.

-anton

-anton

Posted by Jon.

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

Posted on 6/11/2000 3:41 PM MST

Hey y’all,
i want to thank you all for a great time at Mayhem even though i thought i was gonna fall from heat exhaustion…

Colleen, way to go on the play by play! (kinda bugged me that that guy kept interrupting you…)

Kuli & Co., way to go with the officiating…

Everyone else, thanks for making it a neat event!

See y’all at Battlecry!

Posted by Mike Kulibaba.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #88, TJ², from Bridgewater-Raynham Regional and Depuy, a Johnson and Johnson Company.

Posted on 6/11/2000 8:49 PM MST

In Reply to: Thanks for Mayhem posted by Jon on 6/11/2000 3:41 PM MST:

Once again I need to thank Tyngsboro for puting on such a great competition. You guys did a superb job and I can’t wait for the 3rd Installment of Mayhem next year… Speaking of installments, we got the first ever Battlecry@WPI Tournament which is going to be incredible. The list of teams looks very formidable and I can’t wait to get up there and have a good time. and Colleen I know you’ll do another great job doing the play by play. Good luck to everyone going to WPI and other competitions all around
Kuli- Team 88 TJ²

Posted by David Kelso.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #131, C.H.A.O.S.-, from Central High School and OSRAM SYLVANIA/ Fleet Bank.

Posted on 6/11/2000 6:15 PM MST

Team 131, CHAOS wishes to thank the organizers of MAYHEM for a great day. We appreciate their efforts.
And without the help of Manchester West High School and Team 155, the Berlin FIRST Techno Nuts, we would have ended the day much earlier…Both teams lent us parts of their control system when our Operator interface kicked the bucket in the playoffs…Thanks again

Posted by Charlie.

Student on team #222, Tigertrons, from Tunkhannock Area High School and P&G - Ronco Machine - NEPATPC.

Posted on 6/11/2000 8:15 PM MST

Mayhem was an awesome competition!!! I don’t know… between the pa robot challenge and the mayhem on the merrimack the intensity of the matches gave the official FIRST competitions a run for their money. :wink: I just wish our team could make it up to WPI. I also want to thank Tyngsboro for putting on such a great show!! Congratulations to teams 131 and 95~!! They gave us {222 and 130} some very intense and adrenaline pumping final matches.

: Finalists: team 222 and 130

: Above and Beyond Award: 222

Posted by Lee Sussman.

Student on team #95, Lebanon Robotics Team, LRT, from Lebanon Highschool and Crrel.

Posted on 6/12/2000 7:29 AM MST

Hey all! I just want to say that that was one of the best experiences in my entire life! being a rookie driver for team 95, I never in my wildest dreams thought that we would have gotten so far (our system works so that the people who drive in the regionals and nationals do not drive in invitationals, so that was REALLY my first time driving!). I just want to thank everyone who participated for a great time, you all played amazingly well! also, kudos to the Astechs for your great sportsmanship, you came up to us after that match in the finals and offered so much help, you truly embodied gracious proffesionalism! thanks to all of you for making it possible!