Hello Chief Delphi,
My name is David Knerr, I am currently a freshman at Kettering University, and for my Professional Communications class, I need to interview Mechanical Engineers about the importance of Communication within the workplace. It would be greatly appreciated if you could answer these next questions for me. (sorry for the length)
- What percentage of your time is spent writing, editing or presenting?
- What types of writing, editing, and presenting do you do?
- Who are your audiences and what are their needs?
- What does your audience expect from your documents or presentations?
- What are your biggest writing-related (or presentation related) challenges on the job?
- How do deadlines affect your way or writing on the job?
- What brainstorming, organizing, or writing techniques, if any, would you recommend for profession-related writing?
- Many traditional English classes focus on writing essays, what value, if any, do you see in learning how to write essays? Do you think they help students learn and, if so, what do they teach?
- What skills do you think College level communications classes should emphasize?
- How important are communication skills (interpersonal, writing, speaking, ect…) in your profession/workplace?
- Do you have any advice for workplace communication?
[RIGHT]Thank you very much for your cooperation, it is greatly appriciated,
(and if this is in the wrong sub-forum please move it, Its my first time posting)[/RIGHT]