The company I work for, Contour Crafting Corporation, is hiring, and I think that some FIRSTers may be interested. This is a full-time position with a lot of hands-on work.
The position entails research and development in the emerging technology field of large scale 3D printing for applications such as construction. Responsibilities include designing, prototyping, fabricating and testing mechanical, and electro-mechanical systems. Please submit your application directly to HR@ContourCrafting.com
Essential Job Functions:
- Electro-mechanical design, development and documentation for systems of varied complexity from concept through production. Designs integrating industrial electro-mechanical system components, including motors, gears, bearings, sensors, actuators, servo drivers.
- Develop and document test equipment for electro-mechanical assemblies. Analysis, design, and testing at the component and systems level.
- Working side by side with technical staff to utilize design elements that directly add value to prototyping methods, providing innovative ideas where applicable.
- Conduct design reviews and take ideas from concept to reality. This includes designing and performing engineering and prototype builds as required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Mechatronics, Robotics, Mechanical, Electrical engineering and/or related field
- Experience and hands-on skills in mechanical design, fabrication and familiarity with industrial safety standards of conduct.
- Solid understanding and experience of servo motor/actuator design and motion control systems, including motors, gears, bearings, sensors, actuators, servo drivers.
- Capability of coding microcontrollers
- Effective, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with CAD software such as SolidWorks, Inventor and CATIA.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Limited domestic and international travel may be required.
- Integrity, motivation and teamwork spirit in a startup environment
· High-tech, product-development based environment.
· Growing organization with unique focus on Research & Development.
· Highly competitive employment terms
· Health insurance and competitive benefits
· We will consider processing visa transfers (H1B) and immigration.
This position offers opportunities for career growth and experience of bringing innovative products to market. Contour Crafting Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Contour Crafting is a large-scale 3D printing technology that uses a computer-controlled machine to build structures rapidly and efficiently with substantially less manual labor. The inventor of Contour Crafting technology is Dr. Behrokh Khoshnevis who pioneered large-scale 3D printing nearly two decades ago and advanced the related research in terrestrial and planetary construction at University of Southern California (USC). Dr. Khoshnevis founded CC Corp in collaboration with major international partners to commercialize Contour Crafting and his other large scale 3D printing technologies.
Contour Crafting and other technologies of CC Corp have been awarded the Grand Prize among 1000+ globally competing technologies in the 2014 NASA Tech Briefs Create the Future Design Contest, and in 2016 NASA international competition on in-situ fabrication technologies for space applications. For more information, please visit www.ContourCrafting.com