Meet other Teams!!

Post your team number, various members, and meet other teams that have posted, at competitions. Post anything from team experiences, stories, or just information about your team!!!:slight_smile: (Be sure to include your team number on posts so that we know which team is posting)

Hi My name is mike massa from Team 522 McKee HS RoboWizards. Home of the infamouse WILMA and Dorothy. We are known is NYC as the #1 ranked public school in NYC and i believe 3rd in NY State. we have visited the mayor March of 2002 due to our #1 ranking in NYC.

Our team is known for its Purple Shirts and Silver lettering and cool looking buttons.

we really don’t have many stories but of the ones we do have they are rather boring so… moving on ill post more about my team as time moves on

other then that

thats all she wrote

:smiley:
Hi. I’m Melissa from team 1037. We’re from SCHS in Michigan and this is our first year. (Yup…we’re a rookie team.) Don’t have much to say b/c this is our first year…We’re still debating on our team shirts so no one knows how to identify us yet. But we are the S.C.R.E.A.M. team!!!

*Originally posted by Tetra248 *
**:smiley:
Hi. I’m Melissa from team 1037. We’re from SCHS in Michigan and this is our first year. (Yup…we’re a rookie team.) Don’t have much to say b/c this is our first year…We’re still debating on our team shirts so no one knows how to identify us yet. But we are the S.C.R.E.A.M. team!!! **

What does S.C.R.E.A.M. stand for?

**:smiley:
Hi. I’m Melissa from team 1037. We’re from SCHS in Michigan and this is our first year. (Yup…we’re a rookie team.) Don’t have much to say b/c this is our first year…We’re still debating on our team shirts so no one knows how to identify us yet. But we are the S.C.R.E.A.M. team!!! **

Wow, you guys are thinking about shirts and have a name already. This is our third year doing this and what we are currently doing is finding a place to have our carwash. Has your team done any fundraising yet? If you get the NASA grant, you still need to fundraise because the grant doesn’t last forever and it will come back to haunt you in later years. That’s the current problem we’re having. This is the first year without the grant for us and nobody fundraised much before and we want to go to two regionals. Hey, what adults does your team have helping you out?

Anyway, this is 696 here. This is our third year with FIRST Robotics. We will be going to LA for sure and to Phoenix if we get the money. I don’t know what colors our shirts will be yet. If there are any questions, just give me a jingle…

S.C.R.E.A.M stands for:

Stoney Creek Robotics Engineering and Mechanics.:smiley:

We already have Ford Motors Company as our sponsor. But to get to a second regional, we have to fundraise. It’s a little too cold where we live for a car wash…but we’re thinking about it. We only have a few team members so that might be a little hard.
Our team coach is awesome! She helped with teams #201 (F.E.D.S) and another one. (Don’t remember the team number…) But anyways, she’s really helping our team out this year.

What’s a NASA grant? (Just wondering)

About your team’s shirts…base it on your school’s colors (if you are a school robotics team)…if they’re sponsoring you, that is…

my name is Molly. :slight_smile: i am currently on team 461…Westside Boiler Invasion. I used to be a TechnoKat…(team 45) until I came to college and joined 461. this is going to be our 4th year in FIRST…we are a very spirited team…um…if you want to know anything else just ask! :smiley:

**What’s a NASA grant? (Just wondering)

Look at this.:slight_smile:

http://robots.larc.nasa.gov/interest.html

*Originally posted by sanddrag *

Look at this.:slight_smile:

http://robots.larc.nasa.gov/interest.html **

Too much information…brain overload. (Thanks for the info:) )