Mentor Recognition Breakfast at Championships

Mentor Reception!
On Saturday, April 17, 2010 from 9:00 to 10:30 am, Autodesk will be hosting an FRC mentor recognition breakfast in the Georgia Ballroom, Section A, 3rd Floor, GWCC. Dr. Woodie Flowers, and Dave Lavery of NASA will be guest speakers starting at 9:30 am.
To attend this event team mentors must reply to the FIRST invitation being sent shortly via email. All RSVP’s must be received by 5:00 pm EST April 5th so we can have an accurate food count. If you have any questions, please contact us at mentorcoach@usfirst.org.

Jack in the Hat and I will be there as greeters, along with several other FIRST Senior Mentors. Hope to see you there!

Perfect timing for mentors to be away from their teams. Right before eliminations. :rolleyes:

And, uh, the RSVP date passed.

…says the message sent at 6:38 pm EST on April 5th. sigh, jus’ can’t win. :frowning:

Sorry about the late posting; I just read it in the Essential Information packet for FRC teams and didn’t even notice the RSVP date. The info went out to team mentors earlier I guess, but the FIRST Senior Mentors don’t always get copied on the e-mail blasts.

And I’m not sure why FTC mentors were not included.

My apologies.

I got the invitation this past Wednesday about mid-day, but neglected to post it.
The timing didn’t work as a team activity, so I couldn’t attend.
I imagine mentors who signed up through the TIMS invitations might have received these.

I also didn’t post a FIRST blast asking when we planned to load-in (Weds or Thurs). They wanted to know for planning purposes.

I’m signed up. I wouldn’t miss Woody or Dave. Maybe I’ll see you there.

Was there any notification of this event to teams or mentors anywhere OTHER than in the Championship Essential Information document? I scanned through this year’s e-mail blasts and Bill’s Blogs and didn’t find this event. I’d like to attend, but I’ve missed the RSVP - again.

This is also the first I’m hearing about it. Was an invite sent only to those teams that were already signed up for Atlanta? Many teams just qualified this weekend, and many mentors are also attending without their team (like me).

I received an email about it before either of my teams qualified. I’m confused…

probably the worse time possible that FIRST could have picked. I would have liked to go but being a coach and also its saturday… im not leaving the team.

who is supervising the kids if all the mentors are at breakfast?

Dave,
I will buy you breakfast upstairs prior to pit open. I will be sitting at the big round table. Coffee is included.

Same.

I would’ve loved to go, I still haven’t met Woody in person… Sigh

Meh, maybe I can trick my Drive Team into taking me out to Breakfast early on Saturday.

Thanks, Al! It’s hard to pass up a deal like this! See you there…

I checked my invite for this breakfast and it says RSVP by 5 pm on Thursday, April 8.

Hahahahaha that’s a good question. To add to that who is coaching the robots?

Anyway, I’m signed up and I will see you all there. :slight_smile:

I was asked to close this until the info can be corrected