MI - state of state address- first

Michigan governor talks about First, Kettering and student/mentor during State of the State address. Starts at 7:25 - http://www.michigan.gov/snyder/0,4668,7-277-63747---,00.html
You may want to scroll down after that and read featured guests PDF.

If only the Pa. government would be so bold. Never happen. Sigh.

MI has a self proclaimed NERD for governor! Without making this thread into political issue, this man had guts to get grants to FIRST teams (FLL/FTC/FRC) during tough economic conditions. Good job Mr. NERDnor!

There’s been some discussion of Governor Snyder as a presidential candidate in 2016. If nothing else (and I almost mean that literally), I’d be pretty excited to see what he’d do for FIRST on a national level. An amount like $60m would revolutise the program, and that’s pocket change for Congress.

PA has a new governor, send him a letter about all the cool robotics stuff going on. Prior governor wasn’t really pro-education, so you might make out better with the new guy. Only cost you some electrons :wink: to find out.

Check this out…

Article about MI and FIRST … see page 83 on the Delta inflight magzine…

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/travel-tips-and-tools/in-the-air/delta-sky-magazine.html

Yikes

Nice to see the infographic about FIRST on the page (though it really ought not be “First”). I’m also amused that our pit at MSC is visible in the background of the image.

Snyder’s cover photo on Twitter is still a photo of him at MSC with members of 548.

I’m not saying it’s good or bad, but it’s undoubtedly true that the speculation is rampant. A sampling:
Detroit Free Press on “Snyder’s White House Chances”
CNN video on “‘One tough nerd’ for President?”
Politico: Rick Snyder, eyeing 2016, to take Detroit success story on the road
CBS News: 4 GOP governors to watch ahead of 2016 presidential race

Its always cool telling people that me and my teammates are on the front page of michigan.gov