Microsoft Launches Counter Switch Campaign, Then Takes It Away.

Micorsoft launced an “Apple to PC” convert story. It was a freelance writer who said how all these M$ things are better than the Apple counterparts are better. True, mabey, but there were many flaws. First, the photo of her on the page was a stock photo of a generic person. Sceond, the switch writing sounded more like the marketing department rather than a switch story.

Read this and a archived version here: http://216.239.33.100/search?q=cache:JmwQcVoG-ucJ:www.microsoft.com/insider/opsystems/windowsxp_setup.asp+"%2Bwww.microsoft.%2Bcom/insider/opsystems/windowsxp_setup.asp"&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Also, it seems like she go some help from Microsoft. why? Here’s a quote from the page…

*Editor’s Note: Now that we’ve successfully converted our writer to a Windows PC, we will be working on getting her to try a Pocket PC. Stay tuned for more developments!

Here is the stock photo in question.

http://www.eyewire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/View.woa/wa/viewProduct?product=437485

This is a pathetic attempt, that I can quite see from Microsoft. Microsoft copies everything from Apple, the GUI, Mac OS X, iMovie, and so many other examples. And now they launch almost identical ads.

Their ads are absolutely horrible and usually backfires on them. For example a couple of months ago, they launched an ad campaign against Unix and Linux, and Solaris. The ad was something like “Boxed in,” anyways the ad was completely stripped down of its creditability, when people found out that it was a Unix sever that was hosting its Anti-Unix ad website.

To tell you the truth, this is probably a disgruntle Windows programmer that has nothing better to do, and not an executive decision.

LOL! That came up in our local news. The woman is just an employee of the marketing company according to the report.

I have been dealing with Microsoft windows for about nine years now.
/Me sticks another pin in my Bill Gates vodoo doll.

That’s pathetic the only differencebetween those two pictures is the fact that the picture has been flipped horizontaly. An effect that can easily be done in Adobe Photoshop or any other good picture editor for that matter.

I still don’t get this whole stupid mac vs pc debate!!!

*Originally posted by wysiswyg *
**I still don’t get this whole stupid mac vs pc debate!!! **

yeah, just drop it you MAC people!!!:smiley:

Day 3 on a Mac. Yep. Still like it better.

*Originally posted by Kyle Fenton *
**Here is the stock photo in question.

http://www.eyewire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/View.woa/wa/viewProduct?product=437485

This is a pathetic attempt, that I can quite see from Microsoft. Microsoft copies everything from Apple, the GUI, Mac OS X, iMovie, and so many other examples. And now they launch almost identical ads. **

The GUI was actually originally copied from Xerox. They created the first GUI. Apple copied them. Microsoft copied Apple in copying Xerox.

The difference is the Xerox was just a proof-of-concept at the PARC (Palto Alto Research Center). A lot of good technology has come from there. Think of it as the think-tank of the computer world.

*Originally posted by Jnadke *

The GUI was actually originally copied from Xerox. They created the first GUI. Apple copied them. Microsoft copied Apple in copying Xerox.

The difference is the Xerox was just a proof-of-concept at the PARC (Palto Alto Research Center). A lot of good technology has come from there. Think of it as the think-tank of the computer world. **

Thanks. The modern GUI came from Xerox. But then they dumped the project and all the info became public. Microsoft and Apple started to develope a GUI interface at the same time. Apple comming first, followed by Windows. Apple was a true GUI, while Windows (origional, not 95 or after) was just a graphical version of DOS.

Also, does anyone remember the offical shut-down of DOS that Gates did durring the XP launch?

“Do you really want to turn me of Bill? I have ran all of your previous operating systems…”

yeah, on the NT line, there is no more DOS. instead, there’s “command prompt” which does the same exact thing. the only difference is that instead of running the OS, the OS runs the command prompt :p.

*Originally posted by JosephM *

Thanks. The modern GUI came from Xerox. But then they dumped the project and all the info became public. Microsoft and Apple started to develope a GUI interface at the same time. Apple comming first, followed by Windows. Apple was a true GUI, while Windows (origional, not 95 or after) was just a graphical version of DOS.

95, 98 and Me were all GUI’s running over DOS. Windows 95 was DOS 7.2, if I recall correctly.
How was Windows not a GUI? Grapical User Interface, and the interface was grapical. Seems like a GUI to me.

Anyone else seen the Apple Truth video(appletruth.wmv)? Its funny, but contains explicit language.

Wetzel

I stand by Win2k as stable.

*Originally posted by Brandon Martus *
**Day 3 on a Mac. Yep. Still like it better. **

YOU SHOULD DO A SWITCHER ADD, you would be a perfect person!