Microsoft Office 2007 beta 2

I searched and didn’t find anything about this so here it is.

The Beta 2 version of Microsoft office 2007 with the radical new interface on some of the programs and load of new features is available for download at the office website. It is a full version of the professional plus suite of office and is not crippled. so its a free version basically grab it while you still can is my advice.

But there is one limitation, supposedly it will unactivate it self on january 1, 2007.

Here’s the download link.

Also, if you’re interested in the development of the product itself, see Jensen Harris’s Office UI site.

And also, being a beta version of software, there is a possibility of major bugs which can lead to lost data. But, as the adage goes, “Save often!”
I may get it if I can convince myself that the risk of losing data on occasion is worth it.

Darn and i thought i saved myself 600 dollars

o well. I expiration date is 2-1-07

Can you chose to install just one program?
Like just Exel 2007?

Yes, the setup allows you to install whichever programs that you want - you just have to choose Custom or Advanced (something like that) on the setup.

I believe Microsoft will be selling these products both as part of a package and individually.

I tested it a while back. I just downloaded the Microsoft Office, and found it really interesting. Although I’m still used to XP office, but i guess 2007 version might create a new impact. There are still some bugs and yes there is a chance to lose the data. So be careful.

PS you don’t want to write a 12 pages long paper and lose it right before the deadline :stuck_out_tongue:

you can also choose not to overwrite your current version of office incase 07 fails in a wild brush fire of sorts

Thanks guys, I’ll probably install it now that I know I can keep my Office XP. :cool: