Miniature Robots

Have any other teams purchased those miniature robot controllers that Innovation FIRST makes? Our team is thinking about starting a little competition and we were wondering the price since it isn’t stated on their page

http://www.innovationfirst.com/eduRobotics/

are those the same as the BOE-BOTS
we got one about 5 months ago and have been haveing a awesome time with them
they are also great for teaching programming

dahl

I don’t know the cost of the individual controllers, but it is my understanding the Innovation First is going to try to sell something like a teachers kit that will allow a teacher to have groups of kids make mini-robots to play a mini-robotic game.

I think that the entire kit was targeted to cost $10K or so. Before you get scared, I think that included enough controllers for an effective class as well as enough motors, “erector-set” stuff, wheels, etc. to make a classroom full of mini-robots.

I am sure that Tony & Bob will have something more to say about it soon.

Joe J.

If you want some quality boards and kits, I suggest BOE-Bots (Board of Education robots) that are great for instructive purposes. If you want better quality stuff, go for the First Step and Next Step microcontrollers, with the BASIC Stamp processors. They’re quality products, teach kids about electronics as well as relatively easy programming (Gotta love PBasic). You can find them at places like Lynxmotion.com or Robotstore.com.

If you want some quality boards and kits, I suggest BOE-Bots (Board of Education robots) that are great for instructive purposes. If you want better quality stuff, go for the First Step and Next Step microcontrollers, with the BASIC Stamp processors. They’re quality products, teach kids about electronics as well as relatively easy programming (Gotta love PBasic). You can find them at places like Lynxmotion.com or Robotstore.com.