Minibot Motors

I have been reading the rules ::rtm:: (specifically 4.3.14 <R92> B and BB) and I am still uncertain whether or not we can use the Lego NXT motors. They are called “servos” and <R92> B says we can use unlimited [Tetrix] Servos but we can use NXT sensors and related cables (<R92> BB)

I think I have all the information with me here that would lead me to an answer of “no” but just checking if anyone else has a clue

:confused:

I was thinking the same thing. One of the members on the team said we couldn’t but I have no clue sorry. ):

Go to Team Update 3, which gives you two source catalogs for FRC minibot parts. The catalog link to the expanded acceptable parts list is:

http://www.legoeducation.us/FRC

You will find both the 180 deg. servo and continuous rotation servos there. I believe it about 9 pages long, with considerably more parts available then at the Pitsco link.

Also see EMail Blast dated Jan 20, 2011, which states that you can order Tetrix complete kits or components from this site. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

In regards to ordering parts, I’d like to let you know that if you can get a FTC team to buy the parts then they can get a 30% discount.