missing kit parts

We are missing both double cyliinoids, optical sensors, quarter-inch air tubing, and all the quarter inch air tubing connectors.

Is anyone else missing these parts, or is it just us?

We’re missing them, as well. Along with a few other things.

“Solenoids” are what you’re referring to. Honest mistake. I don’t mean to sound like a jackass.

I thought the optical sensors came with the EDU robotics kit. I can’t remember seeing them there but I have to go to the lab to check, which won’t happen til tomorrow.

We’re missing a hole bunch of pneumatic stuff, all the SMC stuff. I thought that I heard that SMC pulled out and there would be an alternative supplier.

Andrew
Team 356

*Originally posted by FotoPlasma *
**I don’t mean to sound like a jackass. **

You don’t. I was told what it was over the phone so I had no idea how to spell it :stuck_out_tongue:

Whew… so we aren’t the only ones with LOTS of stuff missing.

By the way, did anyone get EXTRA stuff in the kits?

we are missing our whole pnumatics bag :ahh:

so are we, and our sensors…and our catalogs, no big book. whats with this?

At the Novi Kickoff, My team got what appears to be a router table fence in a long cardboard box. I seriously doubt that this is what we should have gotten. We do not appear to have the 2" x 4" x 36" aluminum extrusions and some of the shafts listed in the kit BOM. Did anyone else in Novi get this same thing? :confused:

Yes- we are missing the same items too. We are rookies and glad to see that others are missing their parts too. Do we wait until Tues when we hear from FIRST?

*Originally posted by Andrew *
**I thought the optical sensors came with the EDU robotics kit. I can’t remember seeing them there but I have to go to the lab to check, which won’t happen til tomorrow.

Andrew
Team 356 **

The optical sensors come in a yellow (manilla?) shipping envelope, in the same box as the software and MSC’s “Big Book” catalog, I believe.

These boxes were not handed out at the San Jose Kickoff, and were shipped to teams.

Originally posted by Benedictine1
Yes- we are missing the same items too. We are rookies and glad to see that others are missing their parts too. Do we wait until Tues when we hear from FIRST?

If I recall correctly, this is pretty commonplace with FIRST. Not to knock them, or anything, but it’s true. It’s not easy to manage the collection and redistribution of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars worth of equipment to more than 800 different locations throughout North and South America (and part of Europe, is it?).

Patience is key, but I have to admit that I was very worried about all of our missing 40 Amp self-resetting breakers, until I got a reply and clarification from Dave Lavery, himself.

We are missing the same pneumatic stuff as everyone else, plus:

• Yaw rate sensor connector
  • all software, including DVD of animations
  • operator interface
  • joystick controller
    -operator radio modem
  • connectors - 25 pin plus shield
  • retroreflective tape
  • 120 psi relief valve

Anyone else missing this?

*Originally posted by jskene *
**We are missing the same pneumatic stuff as everyone else, plus:

• operator interface
  • joystick controller
    -operator radio modem
  • retroreflective tape
  • 120 psi relief valve

Anyone else missing this? **

Most of this i can’t comment on, but the OI, OI modem, and the joysticks came with the Edubot.

wow…seems 1077 is having the same problem as a lot of other people are we are missing the pneumatics stuff and a lot of other things!

We are missing a lot of parts too, including optical sensors and tubing for pneumatics, and other stuff that I can’t remember right now. I wonder if all teams who attended the kick-off in Toronto are missing them, or if there was another box that we did not pick up. To all teams that have all the parts: how many boxes do you have?

We don’t have an OI and joysticks either. Does this mean we have to use the ones from the EDURobotics kit?

To those who saw the EDURobotics competition in Toronto: WE are the team that dumped balls into their own goal :smiley: I know this was stupid, but then we are a rookie team :slight_smile: And they could have gone over the rules in more detail. At least I was not driving :slight_smile:

Your EDU robot should have came with a slip of paper stating that the operator interface was to be used for the main robot.

There should have been 2 plastic crates, 1 cardboard box, and your manual from the kickoff.

The optical sensors are shipped with the Big Boog from MSC, and the software Visual Studio, and file maker pro

Some of the stuff you all are reporting missing came together outside of the kit boxes.

FileMaker, VisualStudio, the MSC book, and our light sensors came in a cardboard box.

Your operator interface, power supply, and radio came in your EduRobot kits.

But don’t worry, I don’t have the rest of the stuff either! :wink:

–Jordan

Most of the stuff you have or will get. We got the software about 3 weeks ago (includes animations) operator interface, radio, & joysticks came with EDUrobot (we got months ago some teams JUST got) most of the other stuff is in there… not sure on electrical connectors or valve though. We just got the extra sensors last thursday with the big book of everything on earth from MSC. FYI we paid the first day when we signed up. Other local teams paid last month & just got their EDUrobot. I hope for the best for all of you. GOOD LUCK!

We were also missing all of our pneumatics tubing and couldnt find any of the sensors from our bags, We also were figuring there may have been a whole nother box or something that could have been given out or may be shiped? has anyone gottan ahold of first and any official word? going to try get intouch them tommorow…

*Originally posted by jskene *
**We are missing the same pneumatic stuff as everyone else, plus:

• operator interface
  • joystick controller
    -operator radio modem
  • retroreflective tape
  • 120 psi relief valve

Anyone else missing this? **

I believe that the 120 PSI relief valve comes attached to the compressor. It is already threaded in the “B” port.

Im hearing two things…

a:The sensors came in the KIT
and
b: The sensors came with the EDU robot…

which one is it??:confused: