MN Splash Dec 6, Teams 1816/2129/2220

This was just sent out. Several different breakout sessions are planned for the new controller including: setup/wiring; LabVIEW programming; and Wind River.

Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 9:12 AM
Subject: FIRST Minnesota Splash Event - Dec 6th

Team Leaders, the MN FIRST Robotics program is continuing to grow with over 20 new teams this year. Welcome to all the new teams!

With the Kickoff just 6 weeks away, it’s time to start planning for the 2009 competition. To help teams, old and new, get started, the veterans are once again holding the MN Splash event. For the new teams, this is an opportunity to find out what it takes to build a robot, what happens at the Kickoff, how will you survive the regional competition, and what are all the other cool things that the program offers. For the veteran teams, it gives the new team members a chance to get up to speed with their peers. For existing team members, this will be a chance to learn many new things including lots about the new cRIO robot controller.

The event will be held on Saturday, Dec 6th, from 8:30am to 12:30pm at Anderson Hall on the U of MN campus.
http://www1.umn.edu/twincities/maps/AndH/
No need to register, just show up with mentors and team members. We have 7 rooms (with plenty of capacity) that will be holding concurrent presentations on all sorts of topics. Each session will last 1 hour so there are lots of opportunities to learn. And, for a chance to “kick the tires,” some of the veterans are bringing last year’s robots. I’ll send out the full agenda next week.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Mark Lawrence
Chairman, MN FIRST Regional Planning Committee
Operations Director, Team 1816
Edina Robotics, The Green Machine

It’s almost here, I recommend that all local teams come.

thanks, Vivek

It was a great set of presentations! Thanks to all the teams and individuals that presented.

Agreed, the presentation on Labview was especially interesting.

-Vivek

Agreed, good job all of you!
I did wish that there was more time for the Labview presentation, especially that we could have seen the vision code.