Mock FRC game: Gangplank Gunners, powered by Leap's Bumpers

Logo.png

Hello everyone! With season finished early, I wanted to design a new mock FRC game. This game is called Gangplank Gunners, powered by @Leap’s Bumpers. I enjoy sharing these games with the community, so feel free to use it however you may please. I would love to hear your thoughts on it, and I am also happy to answer questions about the game.

-Andrew

53 Likes

This is really cool!! Feels like a mix of 2008, 2014, and 2020. I’m not sure about the whole priming the tug-of-war thing but it seems like an interesting endgame. Could potentially lead to teams trying to use as much force as possible against the thing holding the rope which would be fun to see. I’d also be interested to see how teams can have both a solid shooter and a gentler mechanism to place balls on the rigging in the endgame. This feels like it could genuinely be a FIRST game; great work.

5 Likes

Would it be legal for Team A, a red alliance robot, to contact, pick up, and pull, the blue alliance’s TUG-OF-WAR pull bar within the final 10 seconds of the match. If not, would it be a violation of G12 for Team A to contact, pick up, and pull all 3 of the blue alliance’s TUG-OF-WAR pull bars within the final 10 seconds of the match.

1 Like

The intent was that opposing alliances should not be able to contact ropes on the opposing alliance’s side, but that may not have been clearly communicated through rules. I’ve added G21 to clarify this. Thank you for catching it!

1 Like

Did you intend for there to be a possession limit on cannonballs?

No possession limit.

1 Like

Well I’ve been looking for a CAD project to do.
I now know what it will be.
Game looks awesome!

3 Likes

Hey all,

During this game’s development, Andrew and I had some really differing thoughts as to how to approach this challenge. We’re always curious to see what strategies people come up with, so if you’re planning on using this as a design challenge, please feel free to post your designs in this thread (maybe along with a strategic analysis writeup?) so we can use them as feedback for future games!

1 Like

We? What’s all this “we” stuff, I’m doing all the hard work!

5 Likes

You told on yourself in the OP :wink:

2 Likes