Monty Madness 2013

Didn’t see a thread made about this, but who else is excited for the first MAR offseason of the year? I’m excited for this to be my first event as a volunteer and (technically) last as a high schooler.

Website/Info

Team List(might be different, someone from 75 told me they got off the waitlist today):

Team 56: Robbe Xtreme, Bound Brook High School, Bound Brook, N
Team 219: Team Impact, Warren Hills Regional High School, Washington, NJ
Team 223: Xtreme Heat, Lakeland Regional High School, Wanaque, NJ
Team 224: The Tribe, Piscataway High School, Piscataway, NJ
Team 225: Tech Fire, Various York and Lancaster High Schools, York PA
Team 293: SPIKE, Hopewell Valley High School, Pennington, NJ
Team 303: Test Team, Bridgewater High School, Bridgewater, NJ
Team 334 The Techknights, Brooklyn Technical HS, Brooklyn, NY
Team 341: Miss Daisy, Wissahickon High School, Ambler, PA
Team 369: High Voltage, William E. Grady Technical High School, Brooklyn, NY
Team 371: Cyber Warriors. Curtis High School, Staten Island, NY
Team 613: Neowarriors, Franklin High School, Somerset, NJ
Team 694: StuyPulse, Stuyvesant High School, New York, NY
Team 708: Hardwired Fusion, Hatboro-Horsham HS, Horsham, Pa
Team 806: Brooklyn Blacksmiths, Xaverian High School, Brooklyn, NY
Team 834 SPARTECHS, Southern Lehigh High School, Center Valley, PA
Team 869: PowerCord, Middlesex High School, Middlesex, NJ
Team 1089: Team Mercury, Hightstown High School, Hightstown, NJ
Team 1237: Cyber Panthers, University Neighborhood High School, Brooklyn, NJ
Team 1279: Cold Fusion, Immaculata High School, Somerville, NJ
Team 1302: Team Lionheart, Pope John Regional High School, Sparta, NJ
Team 1340: Adams Robotics, John Adams High School, Ozone Park, NY
Team 1370: Thermogenesis, Appoquinimink School District, Middletown DE.
Team 1396: PYROBOTS, Tottenville High School, Staten Island, NY
Team 1403: Cougar Robotics, Montgomery Township High School, Skillman, NJ
Team 1600: Jeff Tech, High School For Civil Rights, Brooklyn, NY
Team 1626: Falcon Robotics, St. Joseph High School, Metuchen, NJ
Team 1640: Sab-BOT-age, Downingtown Area School District, Downingtown, PA
Team 1647: The Iron Devils, Seneca Shawnee HS, Tabernacle & Medford, NJ
Team 1676: Pascack Pi-Oneers Pascack Valley Regional HS, Montvale, NJ
Team 1811: F.R.E.S.H, East Side High School, Newark, NJ
Team 1923: MidKnight Inventors, West Windsor – Plainsboro HS, West Windsor/Plainsboro, NJ
Team 2016: Mighty Monkey Wrenches, Ewing High School, Ewing, NJ
Team 2344: Sauders Droid Factory Saunders Trades and Tech School, Yonkers, NY
Team 2554: WarHawks, J.P. Stevens High School, Edison, NJ
Team 2590: Nemesis, Robbinsville High School, Robbinsville, NJ
Team 3017: Patriots, Francis Lewis High School, Fresh Meadow, NY
Team 3314: Mechanical Mustangs, Clifton, NJ
Team 4012: Bad News Bots, St. Joseph By The Sea, Staten Island, NY
Team 4281: Bull Dogs, The Center School, Branchburg, NJ
Team 4460: Friends of 401, Chester Springs, PA
Team 4653: Ironmen Robotics, Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey, NJ

T-minus 2 days. And then Relay for Life that night (with our robot) :yikes:.

1676 will be there, training our new drive team for next year.

[STRIKE]This too might* be my last event as a student on our team [/STRIKE] :o

*Fingers crossed for IRI :]

EDIT: Completely forgot about Midnight Mayhem! Whoops! So at least one more competition as a student after this :smiley:

Thanks for making the thread, the team has been so busy. I can confirm 75 is off the wait-list, as for the team they will be substituting, I will let everyone see at monty.

Let me know if you have any questions about the event.

Will Monty Madness have a webcast this year?

Shucks!So Close; next one in-line on the wait list before the doors closed.

Ah well, Monty is a great event, we should have known better registering so late knowing how quickly it fills up.
Have a great competition everyone!

As of right now the plan is to do a webcast. Keep an eye out on the website, our Facebook, and our twitter for more information.

Awesome, thanks!

Great! I know I’m excited for tomorrow and I definitely want to share that with people who can’t make it.

:slight_smile:

See you all soon!

Here is the link for the ustream:

If this does not work go to ustream.com and search monty madness it should be the first link. It will be streaming sporadically throughout the night as we test everything.

Awesome. Thanks! See you all tomorrow!

Update.

Team 11 will be competing at Monty Madness tomorrow in place of team 193.

Hmm that’s interesting. Wonder why MORT decided to switch out their Beta team for the varsity team last minute.

Maybe to train drivers? They can train younger MORT members to be MORT drivers for next year, but since MORT Beta members are new each year (freshman), there is no one to train for driver for next year yet.

I’m told Beta got off the waitlist around 20 minutes before school ended yesterday. The younger kids didn’t have time to prep and plan rides so they decided to send MORT’s upperclassman who quickly packed essentials and had transportation.

Anyone willing to post pictures or a file of the match schedule as soon as they are up?

Alliance selection results:

1. 708 341 224
  2. 11 225 694
  3. 2590 1676 1626
  4. 56 1923 4460
  5. 1403 2016 293
  6. 1640 303 3314
  7. 1370 1279 1089
  8. 369 75 869

Updated with results

On behalf of 1676, we’d like to sincerely congratulate 1403, 2016, and 293 for winning, 2016 for winning the Most Spirited Award, and our good friends 223 for co-winning the Most Gracious Award with us*.

*The story behind that (from what I know): At MAR Champs, our drive team made a friendly bet with 223’s drive team, saying that whoever puts in less frisbees in a match we had together would have to let the other drive team drive their robot (I believe there might have also been dinner involved?). Our drive team ended up winning the bet, and 223’s kindly let our drive team drive their robot at Monty. 223 was so thankful, saying it was their best match of the day, but you are truly the gracious ones to give our drive team the honor. Thanks so much, and we love being such good friends with you. (Stephen, Fastow, Max - feel free to correct me if the above is wrong)

As some of the teams might have noticed, we did in fact use our brand new drive team, with little practice and no competition history, throughout the entire competition. Some teams used their new drive teams during qualifications and switched out for their normal drive teams during eliminations, and other teams even asked us to put our old drive team in, but our goal going into Monty was for our new drive team to get as much experience as possible. We have had an amazing drive team for the 2012 and 2013 seasons, as well as another awesome one in the 2010 and 2011 seasons, and we hope to be able to repeat our successes in 2014. While our new drive team might have made some preventable mistakes that ended up costing us and our alliance matches, they learned much from playing with and against such great teams, and will continue to grow as time goes on. We do wish our robot performance could have been more consistant with our usual par, but we sincerely thank 2590 for picking us and 1626 for playing with us in eliminations, and hope to make a good showing with our new drive team again at Midnight Mayhem next month. The finals were close, but 1403, 2016, and 293 certainly put up a fight and deserved the victory.

For anyone who missed Saturday’s crazy action or just wants to relive the thrill, videos of all of the qualification and elimination matches, as well as of alliance selections and both award ceremonies, are now up on our team’s YouTube channel, and can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPUJJPXRAlER2SrkTDF1kCM7AqD1kwX4A!

Lastly, if you wanted to catch our team’s unique alliance selection acceptance from Monty, you can see it for yourself here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-D1iIBNDUs#t=02m55s

Mmmmm. Pizza.