More Competition???

Posted by Jason Leslie at 05/15/2001 5:58 PM EST

Alumni on team #157, Aztechs, from Assabet Valley RTHS (Class of 1998) and .

This is from a post over in the General Forum. I thought it was intersting and will keep some heads thinking till 2002. The part I am typing of is between the asteriks.

Jay

Patrick,
Thanks for your post on the site. And you were right about most of your issues. I ask for team’s suggestions, comments (good and bad) every year after the season is over. I keep ALL the suggestions that I receive from you (teams) and bring them up at our weekly meetings. We can’t implement all of them in one year, but we try to do as much as we see feasible.
I would not suggest a petition, but a letter, email or phone call (email or letter is better because it’s in writing). FIRST is more open to constructive suggestions than petitions. I assure you that if you send me an email, I will keep it, review it, bring it up at meetings and in some cases, forward it to Dean and Woodie. I sent many messages to them from teams this year! ***** I think next year you will see more competition! *****

Thanks again…
-Lori- :slight_smile:

Posted by Patrick Dingle at 05/15/2001 7:32 PM EST

College Student on team #639, Red B^2, from Ithaca High School and Cornell University.

In Reply to: More Competition???
Posted by Jason Leslie on 05/15/2001 5:58 PM EST:

Wow… I didn’t even notice that sentence until you pointed it out. I actually thought you inserted to create a rumor! Then i went and checked and it’s actually there.

Does FIRST really make decisions this early about what next year’s game will be like??? The team forum hasn’t even happened yet.

Patrick

: This is from a post over in the General Forum. I thought it was intersting and will keep some heads thinking till 2002. The part I am typing of is between the asteriks.

: Jay

: -------------------
: Patrick,
: Thanks for your post on the site. And you were right about most of your issues. I ask for team’s suggestions, comments (good and bad) every year after the season is over. I keep ALL the suggestions that I receive from you (teams) and bring them up at our weekly meetings. We can’t implement all of them in one year, but we try to do as much as we see feasible.
: I would not suggest a petition, but a letter, email or phone call (email or letter is better because it’s in writing). FIRST is more open to constructive suggestions than petitions. I assure you that if you send me an email, I will keep it, review it, bring it up at meetings and in some cases, forward it to Dean and Woodie. I sent many messages to them from teams this year! ***** I think next year you will see more competition! *****

: Thanks again…
: -Lori- :slight_smile:
: -------------------

Posted by Nate Smith at 05/16/2001 10:03 PM EST

College Student on team #66, Frostbite, from Willow Run High School and GM Powertrain.

In Reply to: Re: Clues about 2002 game accidently revealed 233 days early
Posted by Patrick Dingle on 05/15/2001 7:32 PM EST:

: Wow… I didn’t even notice that sentence until you pointed it out. I actually thought you inserted to create a rumor! Then i went and checked and it’s actually there.

: Does FIRST really make decisions this early about what next year’s game will be like??? The team forum hasn’t even happened yet.

I’m sure they’re already thinking about it…I’ve heard quite a few stories from various FIRST people about the early planning meetings they have for these things…for example, the goals this past year were originally thought of as only 5ft, but it was thought by some that it would be underestimating what we could do if they did that, so we ended up with what we had. And then there’s the story about the safety shields for this year… =)

Nate