More than one minibot on robot

I could not find a limit on the number of minbots a robot can carry. I was thinking if the weight allowed could you put a backup minibot on the robot.

I think that would be fine, but you can only actually deploy one (i think)

Definitely one for Q&A.

However: most references to the minibot are singular definite (the minibot), and you only get 10 seconds to deploy and run one. It’s highly unlikely that you could deploy 2 in the same match. Common sense says that you will probably only want one on the robot (and at least one backup in the pit or on a different robot).

Maybe you could deploy a minibot on each of your alliance’s posts if the other teams don’t have minibots

In 10 seconds?

The time makes it very difficult to do. Deploy (you’ve already lined up), cross, line up, deploy, and assume defense slows you down during the crossing (because messing with a robot contacting a base is an automatic DQ). Can the second minibot make it up before the score won’t be counted?

Question for Q&A: Given the many last-second minibot deployments, will a minibot that reaches the top after the buzzer still count? Personally, I’d go with “yes” (<G68>), up until 10 seconds (same rule). That makes the chance of 2 much more feasible, but then you have to worry about legality of 2 minibots.

I assume you can try shooting it all the way across the field and hope they hook on. Kinda like a Hail Mary pass. You just need to make your bot very accurate and very rugged.

I like the optimism of your idea, but you have to deploy the robot at the base of the post.

When looking at scoring it talks about a fourth bot on a pole being worth 10 points. That would imply, at least to me, that you could infact deploy two, if you had the time.

That’s the minibot that gets to the top of a pole fourth - lost the race.

Is there a rule that states this?

Sorry, can you reference a rule point from the manual? I mean, it’s still good for Q&A otherwise XD

Are you referring to <G67>? That states that the 4th robot to trigger the target earns 10 points. It has nothing to do with number of robots on poles

And I found this definition:

HOSTBOT – the electromechanical assembly used to carry the MINIBOT. (ROBOT – MINIBOT = HOSTBOT). If a TEAM plays a MATCH without a MINIBOT, then the HOSTBOT is the ROBOT.

If you subtract a MINIBOT from the ROBOT, what’s left is a HOSTBOT. So any “second minibot” would become part of that HOSTBOT.

I imagine the GDC thought they specified one MINIBOT; there will probably be a clarification.

Not really at the base. The deployment line is 18 inches above the base of the large part of the tower, which means it is a total of 30 inches above the floor. For it to be optimal, you would deploy it as fast and as high as possible to it gets to the top the fastest.

Then we’re going to have to take it as unknown unless a specific rule is cited, unfortunately :confused: (not that we don’t trust you - it’s just that in a competition where the written rules are non-negotiable, our rule has to be “Cite a rule or it didn’t happen”)

Are you positive? Where did you see that rule?

It’s not necessarily the BASE. When you “deploy”:

DEPLOYMENT – the act of positioning a MINIBOT on a TOWER. DEPLOYMENT starts when the MINIBOT breaks the vertical projection of the TOWER BASE circumference during the END GAME. (Related form, DEPLOY, verb)

DEPLOYMENT LINE – located on the POST, approximately 18 inches above the top surface of the BASE.

These are the Manual definitions.

I believe you have an 18" buffer zone on which you PLACE the minibot.

(Otherwise, correct me if I’m wrong)

Can it be thrown above the line?

If you do it above the line, it must be during the End game period I think?

I’m not absolutely POSITIVE though.

This was one of my first thoughts when they were talking about sharing minibots. I definitely think it’s possible to do, though very difficult.

After perusing through the manual it is definitely a question for Q&A.

Wording seems to imply the use of one bot, but never says anything definite against having two.