Movie quotes

Let’s start a new game of movie quotes.
Rules:

1. It must be from a feature movie that would play in a theater.
  2. It can’t be too easy like; “Use the force Luke” :smiley:
  3. You must guess before you can submit a new quote. I’ll leave it up to the author to make sure it’s the right answer.

OK I’ll start.

“No matter where you go, there you are.”

That one is too easy for all the fans of really classic B-grade movies:
“The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension,” an absolutely GREAT John Lithgow movie! (just call me John Bigboote!)

so now on to:

“I’m sorry, Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that”

2001: A Space Oddyssey

“We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men.”

The Boondock Saints, I think.

“What did you expect? “Welcome sonny,” “Make yourself at home,” “Marry my daughter.” You’ve got to remember, that these are just simple farmers, these are people of the land, the common clay of the new west. You know . . . morons.”

“Blazing Saddles”!!! (Don’t shoot Mongo! You will only make him mad!)

so now:

“When I invite a woman to dinner, I expect her to look at my face. That’s the price she has to pay.”

-dave

p.s. I would like to suggest a “no use of Google to look these up” rule - you have to KNOW the quote to answer.

A Night at the Opera, Marks brothers … Otis B. Driftwood, a great classic choice Dave! (and No I didn’t use Google)

…and now…

“Lots of space in this mall…”

(OK… no Googling. Good idea, Dave. Everyone get out your GP and follow along. This means that the quotes will need to be easier.)

Answer: Blues Brothers

“We’re gonna need a bigger boat.”

Andy B.

Answer: Jaws 1, Sheriff Brady uttered while chumming

“Do we need any help? (reply) Oh, all we can get.”

“Do we need any help? (reply) Oh, all we can get.”

Again ‘Blazing Saddles’. Cleavon Little (Bart) to an upside-down Gene Wilder (The Waco Kid)

Person 1 “Are you trying to hit these people”. Person 2 “No, well maybe that mime”

ps Rule #4. Please don’t use a search engine to find and answer.
Rule #5 Please no profanity

Thanks

The Management :slight_smile:

<not an entry>

Hold the phone… Wasn’t that in the Brady Bunch Movie as well?? I think that’s where I remember it from.
Prolly reused it from that movie Dave said… but I think it WAS in the Brady Bunch remake movie as well.
oh wells.
</not an entry>

Yeah, it was in Die Hard 3, Samuel L. Jackson to Bruce Willis while driving through Central Park (and I do mean THROUGH) (and I think that he did hit the mime)

The Steve Martin quote is from L.A. Story. I never did really understand the bit with the talking sign. Sarah Jessica Parker’s character is a riot (who has WAY too much caffeine in her system). But why is Captain Jean-Luc Piccard in this movie?

Oh well. For some, this will be easy:

“Why don’t you knock it off with the negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”

-dave

Kelly’s Heroes!!! Oddball I believe…

Here goes … one I’ve used in the classroom dozens of times,
“Never underestimate the power of denial.”

American Beauty!

“You’ve got to understand my position. I’m a coward.”

OK, I give up. What was the movie?

To keep it going, here’s another gem :slight_smile:

“It’s 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses.”

Elwood to Jake
Jake replies, “Hit it!”
Blues Brothers, of course!

“Someone want to get this walking carpet out of my way?”

Wayne, what you doing up so early?

Ferris Bueler’s Day Off

“I was born a poor black child”

You mean not everyone knows the movie I selected by heart? My quote was from Labyrinth.

the jerk, featuring steve martin.

Character 1: “Son, you’re looking at a legend”
Character 2: “I guess a legend and an out-of-work bum look a lot a like, daddy”

Wayne, what you doing up so early?

Al, I work third shift :ahh:

Character 1: “Son, you’re looking at a legend”
Character 2: “I guess a legend and an out-of-work bum look a lot a like, daddy”

The first Smokey and the Bandit.

“I gotta get me one of these!”

Will Smith in Independence Day, while flying the alien spacecraft with Jeff Goldblum.

“I’m in the prime of my life, and I will only be young once.”
“Yeah, but you will be stupid for the rest of your life.”