MPLAB build error

This is pretty sad, I know. But does anyone know what this means? And how to solve it?

Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
Clean: Done.
Executing: “C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\MPAsmWin.exe” /q /p18F8520 “asm_lib.asm” /l"asm_lib.lst" /e"asm_lib.err" /o"asm_lib.o" /d_FRC_BOARD
Executing: “C:\mcc18\bin\mcc18.exe” -p=18F8520 “ifi_startup.c” -fo=“ifi_startup.o” /i"c:\mcc18\h" -D_FRC_BOARD -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
Executing: “C:\mcc18\bin\mcc18.exe” -p=18F8520 “ifi_utilities.c” -fo=“ifi_utilities.o” /i"c:\mcc18\h" -D_FRC_BOARD -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
D:\Jan8code\ifi_picdefs.h:1289:Error [1099] *** Error - Invalid 18f8520 header file!
Halting build on first failure as requested.
BUILD FAILED: Mon Jan 10 00:40:29 2005

That’s the error I got while trying to build (compile) the DEFAULT code! I did not modify the picdefs header file so I don’t know why this error would come up. Did I install the program wrong or something? I also tried compiling the camera code from the innovation first website and it isn’t working. Did anyone sucessfully download and use the camera code yet?

Interesting… It compiles ifi_startup.c OK. Startup uses the same file… You have something else wrong…Did you change anything at all?

We this error turned up on the forums during the season last year, but it reportedly “went away.” You can seach on “banked” to easily locate that conversation.

What seems to be happening is the #define _ifi_picdefs_h is lost by the second time ifi_picdefs.h is included.
or
You’ve added a #define of your own for BANKED.

Do you have the C182.4 compiler? It might be trying to get a Lib or Include that it doesn’t have. Just a thought…

I haven’t changed anything to the default code. I’ll try downloading the default code again to see if I accidentally modified it. I also want to try uninstalling the programs and reinstalling them later on today. Here’s the steps that I followed:

1. Install MPLAB IDE v7.00
  2. Install C18 v2.4 compiler
  3. Install IFI Loader (newest one from innovation first)

Are these the steps that you guys followed?

Also, just a question, what does this do exactly… #define _ifi_picdefs_h?
I see the #define “filename” command at the top of every header file.

The installation order is the same I followed.

The sequence:

#ifndef __ifi_picdefs_h_
#define __ifi_picdefs_h_

is to prevent the include file from being loaded twice by the file that’s being compiled. The first time the file is loaded that #define doesn’t exist, so if the compiler sees that file loaded a second time (when the #define has now been declared) it knows to skip over the whole include because it’s already been done. This is typically a potential issue when you use nested includes.

You’re getting your problem when ifi_utilities.c pulls in ifi_default.h (via the include statement) which in turn includes ifi_picdefs.h
This shouldn’t be a problem, but what seems to be happening is that something is remembering the define BANKED (used only within ifi_picdefs.h) from the previous compile of ifi_startup.c

That is the steps that I followed. Do you have the C18 2.4 compiler? If so, PM me please… thx

Have you downloaded the new compiler yet? If not, it’s posted on the FIRST site, and the link works!

Also, I finally got the code compiled by uninstalling the programs and just installing the ones included on the CD (rather than the upated ones).