Music at FRC Regionals

I am trying to put together a list of music played at FRC Regionals. If anyone has names of songs played, please share them.

Thank you.

Sandstorm is a must, I have never been to a competition where sandstorm hasn’t been played

I can’t say I’m a huge fan of them, but you couldn’t be at the LI regional for more than half an hour without going through both “Rock Lobster” and “We Like to Party”. It was…painful?

Caramelldansen got really popular this year somehow at competitions I went to, don’t remember people playing it in Breakaway competitions.

Thunderstruck is the obligatory finals music…

Read this. i asked myself the same question a couple of months ago, and i turned to CD-media. this guide is super thorough and it should give you a great list of songs that are played at FIRST events. hope that helps :smiley:

I’ve attached the definitive list of music from 2009. Enjoy.

2009 FIRST Music by Title.pdf (47.4 KB)

2009 FIRST Music by Title.pdf (47.4 KB)

Totally agree with you there! That is like the official song of our drives team!

I distinctly remember the followign songs at this year’s Seattle Olympic Regional:
Enter Sandman-Metallica
Don’t Stop Believing-Journey
Welcome to the Jungle- Guns n’ Roses

And right before the last match of the rgional (Finals match 2), Uprising-Muse.

Our team was on the Blue alliance in that match and we had won Finals match 1. As this song played, our entire team sang the chorus:
“They will not control us, we wil lbe VICTORIOUS!”

And then we won the match, and hence the regional =)

Needless to say, epic moment and epic succession of events =)

I’m almost positive last year at the NJ Regional I heard an upbeat dance-y remix of My Heart Will Go On from Titanic.

Quite a bit of Daft Punk if I remember correctly.

a remix of baker street was played at the Seattle regional

oh yeah it did. I hope they play it at state. Its such a fun dance but gets really REALLY tiresome on the arms after a bit. But a lot of these songs are a good workout.

Hehe, how about “Wildthing” :wink:

But ya, I’d love to hear “Still Alive” at some of these regionals, although I don’t think that would be loud enough to be heard over everyone else, though they did play “Viva La Vida” and “Fireflies” at Midwest and it came out okay, so who knows.

i know a good playlist Explosions in the sky, Dream Theater, Buckethead, Pendulum, God is an Astronaut

Hi, can anyone tell me the name of the songs that play when a certain award is presented? There seems to be a trend across regionals where certain songs play for an award. Thanks!

For example, I heard:
Technologic - Daft Punk
Never Say Never - Justin Bieber

“All-Star,” by Smash Mouth, is played for the Rookie All-Star award. That one should be self-explanatory.

I am happy the Good Times by Inxs and Jimmy Barnes has made it to the regular playlist. Great song from one of the best movie soundtracks of all times (though the film Lost Boys was a huge disappointment).

You should hear the “Safety Dance” for one of those awards.

I wasn’t there in person, but from what I watched via webcast it seems that Rocky Top was played very frequently at the Smoky Mountain Regional. :rolleyes: