MY QUEST HAS BEEN COMPLETED! (yay!)

Alright, here’s my quest:

Since I was the human player for our team, I got pretty good at handling the tubs (carrying them, throwing them, whacking people over the head with them) so I started using em for everything - to carry tools, as a table, as a chair, as a stool, you name it.

Problem is, all the tubs belonged to the team.

I had to have one of my own!

So I figured that I’d go to the Valley Faire area. Santana Row (right next to Valley Faire) had a Crate and Barrel, and Valley Faire had an Organized Living. Pretty good chances, right?

no go. Crate and Barrel was like the Abercrombie and Fitch of storage container stores. Everything was mucho expensive, not a sterelite in sight.

Organized living was a little better - at least their stuff was plastic. They had bins of all kinds, rubbermaid, organized living brand, but their only sterelite stuff was trash cans and laundry baskets - a situation i will encounter again.

So I was driving home from Organized Living, and the song “Why Georgia” comes on the radio, with the first few lines being:

I am driving up 85 in the
Kind of morning that lasts all afternoon
just stuck inside the gloom
4 more exits to my apartment but
I am tempted to keep the car in drive
And leave it all behind

So I figure why not, I get off the highway (which is hwy 85, btw, we make lots of jokes about the highway identifier signs being the speed limit signs as well, or at least thats what you’d think if you saw how fast people drive) and go to Target. THEIR only sterelites were these HUGE containers that you could fit a couple kids into, not just a baby. Go figure.

So I go home.

Part 2:

Today I go to return an OI power adapter to our mentors, and figure “Eh, why not try again?”

Target. This time it’s the new BIG one at Westgate. They’ve got little doodads next to the escalators that take shopping carts up with you. Coolness.

They ALSO have lots of Sterelite trash cans and laundry baskets (deja vu,) but no bins. Rubbermaid is the predominant manufacture here.

So I go across the mall to “Storables” which is actually organized alot like Organized Living. gofig. Anyway, they look through their little index and find a “Sterelite Haloween 1730[somerandomcharacterstringidon’tremember]” which they say MIGHT be what i’m looking for, but it’s seasonal and they’re bright orange. Oh yeah, one more thing, i hafta wait till october.

They DO recommend that i go to Target, Organized Living, AND “that new place in Santana Row” (crate and barrel) hm. Well, at least they’re trying. I thank them and leave.

So I stop by walgreens, suddenly remembering that the parents who went on a bin-hunt 4 months before had had some success there. I walk in, and ask the clerk where their storage containers are. “Aisle 4,” she says, chewing her gum and getting back to whatever she was doing.

I proceed down Aisle 4, looking all around, and up on top of the shelves (which is where all the other stores kept them)

and low and behold, as I reach the back section of the aisle, i see a lone glacier-colored sterelite bin. I pick it up, inspect it, and sure enough, it’s a 1730. I do a little jig, buy it, and drive home happy :smiley:

the moral of the story?
bins are harder to find then the holy grail :stuck_out_tongue:

its than not then

anyways… you could of went to the webiste first has given to us and bought bins from there insytead of a road quest its a net quest… but then you don’t get to feel the thrill of driving :stuck_out_tongue:

what website? :ahh:

congrads, yeah i know how you feel we had a hard time getting enoguh bins to have a 29 set on top of the ramp to practice with.

~Mike

*Originally posted by AlbertWu *
**what website? :ahh: **

it was in the manual or somewhere, i went to that website right after kickoff

*Originally posted by utishpenguin *
**it was in the manual or somewhere, i went to that website right after kickoff **

Yeah and if you wanted them that bad it would have cost you $250 and you would have gotten about 50 totes. Sure why not. Also Wal-mart has them and Sterilite has a list of carriers on their site.

**the moral of the story?
bins are harder to find then the holy grail :stuck_out_tongue: **

/me agrees
thinks I’m getting the hang of /me

We made phone calls 'stead of driving all over. Closest was an hour away at a particular Wal Mart.

Jeez. You should have done what I did and dumpster dive for them. At J&J, FIRST threw out perfectly good bins! Sheesh. Stickers and everything! And it was free!

Wal-Mart!

and low and behold, as I reach the back section of the aisle, i see a lone glacier-colored sterelite bin. I pick it up, inspect it, and sure enough, it’s a 1730. I do a little jig, buy it, and drive home happy :smiley:

the moral of the story?
bins are harder to find then the holy grail :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm…that’s some quest :stuck_out_tongue:

I have still yet to find a glacier colored sterelite bin…sniff:frowning:
All Target has is “Pecos” colored ones…Alas, my quest still continues…

update on my quest:

stopped by a different walgreens today. i now have 5 more glacier 1730s :smiley:

oh, and our website (http://www.harker-robotics.org/) is now glaicer-colored :wink:

**update on my quest:
stopped by a different walgreens today. i now have 5 more glacier 1730s :smiley:

5 more bins?! Envy…Envy…Envy;)

gah… my room looks like a FIRST field… random stacks of bins in the middle :smiley:

you room… yeah also the random debris on the floor adds some extra touch…

nah, they’re all in the bins now :smiley:

2 more, for a total of 8! now i can practice being HP :wink:

hp… harry potter?!

says in french accent
c’est impossible!