NASA Ames Robotics Academy

Hey everybody,

The applications for NASA Ames Robotics Academy are up! This is an exciting hands-on 10 week program. If you are a US citizen, will be 18 years of age or older by June 8. 2009, and enrolled in an accredited college, university, or technical school, consider looking it over.

I’ve been with this program for two years, I can definitely say it rocks. Take a look, and if you have any questions post them there, email the provost, or just bother me.

Mentors: this notice is going out a little late. If you could pass this information along to your graduating seniors and alumni lists I’d be really appreciative.

Here’s the link http://robotics.nasa.gov/RoboAcad/enroll.php and good luck!

I just received my letter of acceptance!!!

Has anybody else from CD applied or been accepted?

Do you need to be a full time student to be considered for this program?

What if I am not going to be 18 before the posted cutoff date of June 8th? Can I still be accepted? I received one of these forms at Nationals from a student representative who stopped by our pits, and he hinted that it wouldn’t be an issue.

We’ve had a few kids go and I know one of them is still working with NASA after the program last summer.

You get to meet Dave at the final project presentations I hear

I applied a little while back, cross your fingers for me. :wink:

So Cory and EJ, is this how you folks started after High School? :smiley:

Nope. I just started working with the team and eventually the powers that be wondered who that guy who was always around was, and ended up getting hired :stuck_out_tongue:

Cory,
I’m sure its more than that. They probably saw your work and said this guy is at the very least, qualified to work for NASA.
254’s product year in and year out is always exceptional.
Interesting info though.
Are there others that went to the academy from the FIRST academy on your team?

We have a current student who was in the academy last year, and a graduated senior who participated in the academy last year, but none who became mentors after participating in the academy.

We seem to attract former students of local teams. The majority of our mentors were not ever associated with Bellarmine or NASA. We have two former members of 100, two from 115, and two from 971, vs only two former 254 members.