NASA Grant news?

“NASA will review submitted applications and inform teams of their selection via the NASA Robotics Alliance Project (RAP) web site (http://robotics.nasa.gov). It is our plan to announce selections no later than Monday, 21 November, 2011, 23:59:59 (PST).”

Too early to assume they were unable to do as intended? Getting anxious to see who hit the jackpot!

It is often down to the wire…

Will we find out via email if we won or not? Or will it be public on their site?

-Q

"inform teams of their selection via the NASA Robotics Alliance Project (RAP) web site "

That makes it sound like the website.
Hoping for some good news…

definitely the website…

Patience, Padawan. There is still time. It isn’t midnight on the west coast yet.

-dave

heck, I’m waiting on Saturday !!

2815 applied for a grant this year–I know it’s a long shot, but we’re glad NASA is continuing to support new and veteran FRC teams no matter when or how the people in charge make up their minds. :slight_smile:

Here’s the winners:
http://robotics.arc.nasa.gov/events/2012_sponsorship.php

Winners are now up on the site.

Yeah, that was a disappointment.
Congrats on everyone who got it though. :slight_smile:

Thanks (again!) to the folks at NASA for selecting and supporting team 3259. A month or two ago, it looked like we weren’t going to be able to compete this year, but with the support of a new sponsors, and now NASA, things are definately looking up!

Dave (or anyone else in the know), I recall there being an address posted several years ago to send thank you cards to; is it still correct?

Oh thank goodness. Our districts dropping of funding for the program after they managed to raise a 1million dollar debt wont stop us from competing.

3310 <3 NASA

Whoo Hoo!
NY Rookie 4006 has been granted, too.
That’ll mean we can afford to buy some tools and materials with our other fundraising- we’re working with loaners now.

Thank You NASA!

This has been the correct contact information for sending your heartfelt thank yous. :slight_smile:

Congratulations teams!

Jane

Congrats to the teams who made the list, and a big Thank You to NASA.

I counted 49 veteran sustaining grants. (About 73 total veteran grants if we include the regional challenge grant initiatives.) Last year there were about 120 veteran grants listed. What’s the difference this year I wonder?

a. NASA had less funds to distribute.
b. Less teams applied or demonstrated a significant need.
c. A change in format in how NASA communicates grant winners.
d. A bigger rookie need limited the veteran opportunities.
e. Previously funded teams moved to NASA House Team status.

I know we fit into case e. I’m not sure if there is a current list of NASA House Teams anywhere. Thanks again Marshall Space Flight Center.

Your NASA contact should be able to tell you this.

I want to say congrats to everyone who won the grant, and a big thank you to NASA.

Also, if 122 and 1086 are reading this, you may be getting a call in the next two weeks to see if you want to work on a cohesive rookie outreach plan for the event from the guys from Virginia. As the PR guy, I’m trying to secure funding now so there’s a team left to build a robot and help others compete later. At last check, there will be 16 rookies at a 50-52 team event. That’s nuts.