NASA Grant

Anyone hear about the grant results yet? Yes - I know - check the website. But still….

1 Like

I know at least one rookie team was awarded their FIRST New Team grant on Friday, and that FIRST coordinates in some way with NASA on those grants (you can only get the NASA grant or the FIRST New Team grant as a new team, not both). So that gives me some hope that us new teams should be hearing about it very soon (last week was supposed to be when we heard about it, but these things seem to be delayed more often than not.)

We’re waiting to hear as well, sweating bullets.

Nope and i came to CD to ask the same. Usually we hear yes or no and havent heard anything yet. Hope to hear by the end of the day today Monday.

An update on the website as of today:
Update 11/15/2021: We are still working on the grant selections. We will provide an update here as soon as one is available.

3 Likes

Registration payment is due at noon EST right? That’s in about an hour.

1 Like

Not until 5 PM Eastern: Payment Due - 1st Regional Event | FIRST

Also two years ago announcements were the “Week of Nov. 11”, Payment was due Mon. Nov 18, and our announcement was on Nov. 22. FIRST fixed things for us.

1 Like

Anyone heard back yet? Nothing for my team still.

Still no, we’re “secured” with FIRST using a PO pending word on the grant, but nothing from NASA.

We haven’t heard anything yet. Does NASA notify you if you DON’T get the grant? This is a longer delay than two years ago.

1 Like

Last thing I saw was this: 2021-2022 FRC Sponsorship Grants – Robotics Alliance Project

1 Like

I heard from an FRC PDP on Thursday or Friday last week that they were still working on it but they didn’t give an expected date of notification. The web site posted above probably has the latest updates.

Having worked with federal government funding a lot in my actual job, it’s not unusual for delays to occur while funding is being transferred to agencies and many other things that are largely out of the control of the people actually doing the work (in this case, administering the grant).

3 Likes

Especially when we’re operating under a continuing resolution rather than an actual budget.

1 Like

Yes. I dont know 100% for sure. but for every grant i have ever done always get a yes or no

1 Like

I just checked, and the recipients are listed here:

Thank you to NASA for providing this much-needed funding to teams!

9 Likes

Just received an e-mail moments ago. Thank you NASA. This is a huge blessing for us this year.

2 Likes

I also just received the email.

2 Likes

Happy to see NASA wanted to sponsor a MARS program :wink::wink: