NASA TV Broadcast of Regionals

Posted by John Larock at 02/27/2001 7:24 AM EST

Other on team #365, Miracle Workerz, from DuPont Engineering Explorer Post and DuPont .

Anyone out there know the info for the NASA TV broadcast of the upcoming regionals & nationals. I am assuming that it will be similar to last year – all of the NASA-sponsored regionals will be broadcast.

There is no info up on the FIRST website.

Anyone “in the know” please share!

Thanks.

John

Posted by David Kelly at 02/27/2001 5:05 PM EST

Student on team #234, Cyber Blue, from Perry Meridian High School [IUPUI] and Rolls-Royce/NASA KSC/ NEC/ Trilithic/ Peregrine/.

In Reply to: NASA TV Broadcast of Regionals
Posted by John Larock on 02/27/2001 7:24 AM EST:

I have links to NASA TV on our teams website. There are links to various NASA TV Broadcast Sites

David Kelly
Student Captain/ Webmaster
Team 234

P.S. Look for Cyber Blue Team 234 at the KSC Competition!!

: Anyone out there know the info for the NASA TV broadcast of the upcoming regionals & nationals. I am assuming that it will be similar to last year – all of the NASA-sponsored regionals will be broadcast.

: There is no info up on the FIRST website.

: Anyone “in the know” please share!

: Thanks.

: John

Posted by Ken Leung at 02/28/2001 3:37 PM EST

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

In Reply to: I Have Them
Posted by David Kelly on 02/27/2001 5:05 PM EST:

Looks like every weekend there will be a Live broadcast of a regional competition:

March 2, Friday

1:00 - 5:00 p.m. - NASA Kennedy Space Center FIRST Robotics Southeast Regional Competition - KSC

March 3, Saturday

8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - NASA Kennedy Space Center FIRST Robotics Southeast Regional Competition - KSC

March 10, Saturday

11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - NASA Langley/Virginia Commonwealth University FIRST Robotics Regional Competition - Richmond, VA

March 17, Saturday

11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Jet Propulsion Lab/Los Angeles FIRST Robotics Regional Competition - Los Angeles, CA

March 24, Saturday

8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Ames/Silicon Valley FIRST Robotics Regional Competition - San Jose, CA

April 6, Friday

1:00 - 5:00 p.m. - FIRST Robotics National Championship Competition - Epcot Center - Orlando, FL

April 7, Saturday

8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - FIRST Robotics National Championship Competition - Epcot Center - Orlando, FL

Posted by Anthony Xu at 02/27/2001 8:07 PM EST

Student on team #188, Blizzard, from Woburn Collegiate Institute and Ontario Power Generation.

There are 16 various nasa-tv feeds available on our site. Just visit the ‘Videos’ section of the website to access them. They range in bandwidth from 400kbps downto 14.4 kbps and contain both real player (.ram) and windows media player (.asx) streams.

By the way, both a high and low quality video of our team’s robot during practices are now up on our site with the link located right on the main page. Feel free to view it and comment on it.

Anthony.
-Team 188

Posted by Jeff Seaton at 02/27/2001 10:50 PM EST

Engineer on team #122, NASA Knights, from NASA Langley Research Center and NASA Langley.

John,

I work at NASA Langley in Hampton, VA. I am the lead mentor for Team 122 and one of the organizers of the NASA Langley/VCU Regional. As of right now, on any weekend that a FIRST competition is taking place, NASA TV MAY broadcast a robotics competition on Saturday, but not Friday. This year there is the potential for Shuttle mission activity during much of March which is likely to mean that the FIRST coverage will be uncertain and sporadic. Shuttle missions always take priority over other events. Currently, STS-102 is scheduled for liftoff on March 8th, landing on March 20th so FIRST events in this window will NOT be carried on NASA TV unless the mission timeline changes.

Not quite as good as NASA TV, but better than being in the dark, the NASA-related regionals are scheduled to be webcast on both Friday and Saturday. A direct link to this information is on our Robotics Education web site at:

http://vanseg-1.arc.nasa.gov/first.html

The main page for the NASA Robotics Education web site is:

robots.nasa.gov

Hope this is helpful!

Jeff Seaton
NASA Langley Research Center
Hampton, VA

Posted by John Larock at 02/28/2001 11:40 AM EST

Other on team #365, Miracle Workerz, from DuPont Engineering Explorer Post and DuPont .

In Reply to: NASA Broadcast Info --> From NASA
Posted by Jeff Seaton on 02/27/2001 10:50 PM EST:

Jeff:

Thanks for the info!!

Best of luck in your competitions. MOE and the Miracle Workerz (Team #365) look forward to seeing you guys in Philly.

-J-

Posted by Patrick Dingle at 02/28/2001 12:11 PM EST

Coach on team #639, Red B^2, from Ithaca High School and Cornell University.

In Reply to: NASA Broadcast Info --> From NASA
Posted by Jeff Seaton on 02/27/2001 10:50 PM EST:

… Shuttle missions… What are they good for?

j/k
Patrick

: John,

: I work at NASA Langley in Hampton, VA. I am the lead mentor for Team 122 and one of the organizers of the NASA Langley/VCU Regional. As of right now, on any weekend that a FIRST competition is taking place, NASA TV MAY broadcast a robotics competition on Saturday, but not Friday. This year there is the potential for Shuttle mission activity during much of March which is likely to mean that the FIRST coverage will be uncertain and sporadic. Shuttle missions always take priority over other events. Currently, STS-102 is scheduled for liftoff on March 8th, landing on March 20th so FIRST events in this window will NOT be carried on NASA TV unless the mission timeline changes.

: Not quite as good as NASA TV, but better than being in the dark, the NASA-related regionals are scheduled to be webcast on both Friday and Saturday. A direct link to this information is on our Robotics Education web site at:

: http://vanseg-1.arc.nasa.gov/first.html

: The main page for the NASA Robotics Education web site is:

: robots.nasa.gov

: Hope this is helpful!

: Jeff Seaton
: NASA Langley Research Center
: Hampton, VA