National Advocacy Conference Invite

Dear FRC Teams:

This summer Team RUSH is coordinating with FIRST and hosting our annual National Advocacy Conference (NAC) in Washington, DC and YOUR team is invited! We will teach students how to lead meetings with their Senators and Members of Congress while gaining self confidence and presentation skills along the way. The conference brochure is attached. The conference will be June 15, 16, 17th. Space is limited and we are trying to get as many teams from different states as possible. Please PM me if you have any questions. We want to have a big impact in DC and make FIRST known!

Michigan, Minnesota, and Virginia are already represented. We are trying to get other states to register before we open it up to everyone on March 15th. Let us know if you are interested!

NAC_Brochure_Final-1_SinglePages.pdf (2.62 MB)

NAC_Brochure_Final-1_SinglePages.pdf (2.62 MB)

Wow this is very cool! I, for one, want to be able to say that I have talked to my area’s congressmen and senators!

So quick question: are these just meet and greets?

No, they are more than just meet and greets. We schedule real meetings so you can let your member of Congress and Senators know they should prioritize STEM in education and work to expand FIRST.

As of today, we have teams coming from MI, MN, VA, MD and NJ. Hopefully we can have teams from all 50 states join us.

Last year I attended as a freshman from 1086 Blue Cheese Robotics and it was one of the most memorable and impactful experiences I’ve had so far with robotics. Meeting the congressmen/women and the other teams was incredible and I can’t wait to do it again this year!

You should have folks from MD,WV and NC contacting you soon if they haven’t already.

I went last year and had a blast. It’s a lot of fun and it feels like you’re making a real impact in the government. You get to talk issues, see the capitol, and hang out with some cool teams.

Is this restricted to FRC students, or would FTC team members also be able to attend?

Its really good to see STEM being pushed forward and talked about in DC.

It is geared towards high school students, but we would have no problem with older FTC students participating. We do not have Delaware represented yet and we would love for you to join us. Please email us at [email protected] if you want us to hold space for you. Our spots are filling up very quickly. Thank you!

We are looking for teams in these states because of their influential Senators or Member of Congress we would like to target. PLEASE let teams in these states know that we need them and to email us if they are at all interested ([email protected]).

Alabama
California
Iowa
Kentucky
New York
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Washington
Wyoming

We are holding space for new states until March 15th and then we are opening it up to people on our waiting list from states we already have registered. It looks like we will run out space here very quickly. Thank you for your support of this!

Just an update!

We currently have these states represented on our list:

Arizona
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Virginia
Wyoming

If you are in one of these states and want to come, please email us so we can get you on our waiting list in case anyone cannot come or when we open it up to all teams in a couple weeks.

We are still targeting teams in these states and all other states not on the above list:

Alabama
California
Iowa
Kentucky
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Washington
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]

The brochure and updated information is available online at www.teamrush27.net/nac