National Animator Meeting

After the CD Web Hug at Nationals I wanted to do some kind of meeting to get all the animators from all the teams together, right after the web hug (or some official time, undecided) in that courtyard. Just to get all the animators together so they can talk with people that do pretty much the same things they do.

Now this as an idea is in its infancy but I want it to become something yet me and a few others are out of ideas. Any suggestions?

I’ll probaly be out near the autodesk booth during nationals. I’m fairly sure other animators are there too.

id love to meet with other animators and see how they did things

Would everyone rather meet at the AutoDesk Booth?

Yeah, last year they had chairs and stuff in their fairly nice booth. We could gather there.

Sounds good I’ll try and make it. Do we also want to use this as a discussion on how its all run?

I would like to organize something so I can say there is something going on there other than some kind of gathering. Perhaps we could set up a certain time, Thursday 12 - 2?

I just would really like to talk to someone who doesn’t think I am crazy when I talk about bump mapping or ray tracing.

I think I need to hang around some more people who know what the difference between subdivision surfaces and shadow maps. That sounds like a great idea - maybe we could swap tips and pay each other lavish compliments about the animations.

Not to be naggy but I would really like to set up a time where we can have the largest concentration of animators at once, if I say the whole day there will be people there the whole day and those that trickle in, I would like to set up a time so we can all see each other at once and if we want hang out there the whole day.

(I repeat because I like to)

Thursday 12-2 as he said

Team 955 would like to send our love & appreciation to the national animator meeting~ Our animation made it but our robot couldn’t.

I was at the AutoDesk Booth almost all Thursday met up with a bunch of animators, Ted Boardman, and scored a 3dsm 7 fundamentals book from the Ted & Phil show. As for this year I consider it a major success. Didn’t talk to as many as I wanted to, then again I am not a very social person.

In case you were wondering I was the one in the Hawaiian shirt, white Got FIRST? t-shirt, black AFK hat, orange lensed safety goggles, and a orange autodesk bandanna on my head.

Also congrats to
192 3dsm Grand Prize
1756 3dsm Rising Star
114 3dsm Honorable Mention
Can’t forget Inventor
103 Inventor Grand Prize
1731 Inventor Rising Star
342 Inventor Honorable Mention

Also two more things I forgot to mention/ask:
Is there anyway to check exactly what place your animation scored in?
Post how you think this years nat ani meet went.

Also congrats to
192 3dsm Grand Prize
1756 3dsm Rising Star
114 3dsm Honorable Mention
Can’t forget Inventor
103 Inventor Grand Prize
1731 Inventor Rising Star
342 Inventor Honorable Mention

Did anyone see what the national visualization grand prize trophy looked like? I saw the inventor one. It was like a metallic looking ball with rods around it. However I didn’t see the visualization one.

check this pic

See the shiny one on the far right - that was for Rising Star last year. The ones they used this year looked the same, unless the Grand Prize trophy is different.