NE DCMP 2024 Hype

With the 2024 New England District championship right around the corner, what things are you most excited to see this year?

6 Likes

Better flooring under the field carpets. :wink:

39 Likes

Full-field practice field!

18 Likes

hopefully having more time to actually go and see/talk with other teams on their robots (both students and mentors).

5 Likes

Even more teams :grin::grin::grin:. Gonna be super competitive this year (as always, really).

7 Likes

Fully agree! New England has been on a major upwards trend in strength in a national and even global context and this year is no exception! It is going to be crazy!

3 Likes

I love the spectacle of elims, switching between the fields. The atmosphere is great and it’s lovely to watch.

5 Likes

both teams made it to dcmp!

other hype: better fields :crossed_fingers: , full field practice field with elements

not hype: NE weather in full force

15 Likes

Sooo hype to be freezing in the mornings, but hype to watch dcmp nevertheless!

3 Likes

Would it really be a New England event without some rain or snow?

11 Likes

The stands and cheers are personally one of my favorite aspects of an event. DCMP and CMP is insane with how loud things get and I am so hyped to hear it all again this year.

3 Likes

Also grateful for quiet rooms when it gets too much.

4 Likes

I’d like NE DCMP to be the event that sets a new world high score

21 Likes

Id argue that if New England could do it any year, it would be this one!

4 Likes

It was already tied at Greater Boston, DCMP is def gonna 1-up it

update: it’s now 156 and not 144, but love that we got to hold a world high score for a week!

5 Likes

The greater Boston score had 10 points of penalties I believe. So we’re about 11 points away from a new record which is definitely within reach

4 Likes

156 was the highest score including fouls, the highest clean score was and remains 144. Greater Boston actually set the record for highest combined clean score, and then broke the record later in the event, setting both the highest combined clean score and the highest combined score with fouls.

3 Likes

I think you mean, a full field’s worth of spare parts for the field crew to cannibalize when the competition field gets destroyed. :wink:

To actually add something a bit more sincere since I seem to be full of semi-snarky comments today, it’s just great to see the event get even bigger. Not even just number of teams, but having FTC/FLL/XRP/etc. there, a team social, and just it all being a great celebration of everything NEFIRST.

3 Likes

I am very excited to see all the other awesome things going on during DCMP, The social should also be really awesome!

1 Like

I’m not sure where to ask this question. Do we know when the division teams are going to be released? I currently see the two divisions but no teams added.

2 Likes