[NE FIRST] UNH District Event 2014

Haven’t seen a thread for this yet so I figured I’d start one. 1058 is extremely excited to be attending to first UNH district event! Here’s the team list:
Good luck everyone, should be a great event!

I’ll be there to watch, rooting for 1058 and 3467!

Does anyone know if they are webcasting the event? I’m having trouble with the NEFIRST website and I’m stuck at work :frowning:

Here you go: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/7031031/events/2797157

All NEFIRST events will be broadcasted through their two channels. UNH will be on the main one which is located https://new.livestream.com/nefirst

Anyone know when they’ll be updating the schedule on the website? So we can see it on FRC Spyder.

The live feed quality is really impressive - 1080i camera according to the chat comments.
It looks great on my second monitor at work :slight_smile:

FIRST webpages and twitter all seem to be working fine.

The feed is awesome!!! Thanks guys!!

Just making sure that anyone at the district is aware of it, but the rankings in the live scoring (the number in the grey box next to team number) seem to be messed up everytime 3467 are on.

Oh gee thanks! :rolleyes:

Livestream quality is great, just need to get the video table to consistently swap back to the camera feed :slight_smile:

Got to watch a few matches this morning (instead of working :eek: ), great pickup mechanism by 3467, super consistent!

I was up in the air how I felt about this game but these matches in the eliminates are some of the best that I have seen. Very exciting and the video quality is amazing. So good its even make me stick around work later on a Friday to watch.

Gotta love semifinal 2 going 5 matches!

Blue won match 1, Red won match 2. Match 3 was then replayed due to the refs not knowing how to call a double dead ball card. Match 4 was replayed due to the red pedestal not lighting up for 30 seconds. Blue then won match 5.

WOW! Those were some of the most intense finals matches.

Matches like those finals are what give me huge confidence that this will truly turn out to be a great game.

So now that the event is over…
I’d like to thank all of the people who made this event possible. When I saw the set up on Wednesday night I didn’t think I’d be impressed but I was proven wrong. Thanks for a fantastic event!

As for the results of the competition, I’m unbelievably proud of my team for surviving a ridiculously tough match schedule. We were the 4th pick in alliance selections even though we went 4-7-1. Shows that scouting really is important.

Congrats to 3467, 58, and 4555 for the win, it was very well deserved after the 5 match dibacle in the semis and then the comeback win in the finals. Also congrats to 3467 for a well earned Chairman’s award. We hope to give you another good fight for the award at district championships.

I was under the impression that Auto balls could only score in the auto period. I think I saw those balls scoring in teleop. Hunh?

Your impression was mistaken. See the first line under Section 3.1.4–nothing about when they go in, just that they go in.

Now, if you happen to score 'em in Auto mode, you get a bonus. But if you don’t score 'em in Auto, you spend time clearing them out by scoring them, for standard point values, and THEN you can start the cycles. It’s pretty bad if you can’t clear all your auto balls quickly.

A big BIG thank you to all the volunteers and teams at the event, it was a huge pleasure to volunteer there with everyone! Give yourselves a big pat on the back, you more than deserve it.

Now I’m just counting down the days until I volunteer at WPI…:smiley: