Need help In Autodsek Inventor

Has anybody had the problem where Inventor quits when you are trying to save on WinME due to a problem in the kernal??
If so, any help would be very helpful
thanx Shrey

aim me offline i may be able to help
my s/n is mnkysp6353@aol.com

sorry mnkysp63530

Shrey,
I’m not sure if you have solved your problem with Inventor or not, but here is my two cents worth.
I had Windows Me on my Compaq Presario and it also wouldn’t run Inventor R3 or R4. The software would load fine, and all the functionality appeared to be intact until you attempted to do the “save” or “save as” command. I talked with Autodesk and they basically told me that Inventor wouldn’t/couldn’t be supported on Windows Me. I thought this seemed strange since the software was almost fully functional on Me. My solution, I upgraded my operating system to the new Windows XP platform and everything is working just fine now. Of course this cost 100 beans so it’s not a cheap solution, but it was the only one I was able to come up with. I hope this helps.
Keep 'botting.

Mike Carron
Team 343 Metal In Motion
Project Manager

*Originally posted by Mike Carron *
**Shrey,
I’m not sure if you have solved your problem with Inventor or not, but here is my two cents worth.
I had Windows Me on my Compaq Presario and it also wouldn’t run Inventor R3 or R4. The software would load fine, and all the functionality appeared to be intact until you attempted to do the “save” or “save as” command. I talked with Autodesk and they basically told me that Inventor wouldn’t/couldn’t be supported on Windows Me. I thought this seemed strange since the software was almost fully functional on Me. My solution, I upgraded my operating system to the new Windows XP platform and everything is working just fine now. Of course this cost 100 beans so it’s not a cheap solution, but it was the only one I was able to come up with. I hope this helps.
Keep 'botting.

Mike Carron
Team 343 Metal In Motion
Project Manager **

i have the opposite problem. Inventor 4 worked fine on ME but when i changed to XP, i couldn’t even get the installer screen. version 3 works fine on XP but 4 doesn’t. i havne’t tried to load 5 yet but i’ll prolly try it soon

*Originally posted by David Kelly *

i have the opposite problem. Inventor 4 worked fine on ME but when i changed to XP, i couldn’t even get the installer screen. version 3 works fine on XP but 4 doesn’t. i havne’t tried to load 5 yet but i’ll prolly try it soon **

Try using the Compatibility settings on XP to make Inventor(or the setup program) think it is running under a different OS(95/98/etc). This seems to work in every XP compatibility case that I’ve run across so far…

*Originally posted by Nate Smith *

Try using the Compatibility settings on XP to make Inventor(or the setup program) think it is running under a different OS(95/98/etc). This seems to work in every XP compatibility case that I’ve run across so far… **

i already tried that. and it was a no-go. also, it says that i have a copy already installed and it doesn’t like the re-take the registration codes. that was after i re-formatted too. i’m still playin around with it.

*Originally posted by David Kelly *

also, it says that i have a copy already installed and it doesn’t like the re-take the registration codes. **

This is something with the product authorization through Autodesk. You’re going to have to get ahold of them to get that reg code cleared(tell them it’s a reinstall, and it should be ok, but I dunno)…

David,
Have you tried doing an “uninstall” from the original Autodesk R3 CD versus just using the desktop add/remove programs function? I did an uninstall via CD first on mine. This will get rid of all the cdilla security codes that are embedded all over your computer. You should then be able to restart your computer and then load Inventor R4 with the new registration codes. Also, I believe Nate mentioned using the compatibility mode. I did have to set mine up by opening the program and setting the compatibility mode to Windows 2000. You do this by right clicking on the desktop icon and selecting right folder “compatibiltiy”. There is a drop-down list that allows you to select the different operating system types. This is one of the BIGGEST features of Windows XP!!! I haven’t found a piece of software yet that won’t work doing this. Granted I haven’t tried a lot of them, but all of my software that wouldn’t work on Windows Me now works on XP. Just thought I would throw that out.
Later,
Mike Carron
Team 343