Need to buy sing tetrix motor

One of our 12v tetrix motors broke, and we need a new one ASAP, but I can’t find anywhere to buy just one. Do any of you know where I could buy one really quickly?

Oh and in the title I meat to type “single” but now I can’t fix it… oops

http://www.legoeducation.us/store/detail.aspx?CategoryID=187&ID=1610&c=0&t=0&l=0

$30 + shipping

Orders take a few days. Good luck

You are supposed to be able to get a 30% discount on that motor but the promo code doesn’t work anymore - I would call LEGO and see if you can get it.

You have to call them right now to get that discount. I just received my box of motors and wire connecters (thingys with the fuses in them I think!!) about 5 minutes ago and I ordered them Mon. That was just reg. shipping.

The promo code still works online, too.

ok, thank you so much! you guys saved our team from a huge crisis, and hopefully our mentor won’t even find out we broke it :wink:

From a mentor’s point of view:

1. You should come clean. I’d rather have a student make a mistake and offer a solution than hide mistakes. We all make mistakes and learn from them.
  2. Your mentor may want to order spares, or may even have spares on the way.
  3. Your team can experiment with the ‘spare’ gearbox from the broken motor.
  4. Are you sure your mentor doesn’t read the forums and know already? :wink:
  1. You should come clean. I’d rather have a student make a mistake and offer a solution than hide mistakes. We all make mistakes and learn from them.
  2. Your mentor may want to order spares, or may even have spares on the way.
  3. Your team can experiment with the ‘spare’ gearbox from the broken motor.
  4. Are you sure your mentor doesn’t read the forums and know already?

I am not going to hide the fact if I need to tell him, but because our team’s situation I am currently in charge of ordering parts. I ordered a spare motor, which leaves us with an extra.

I never thought about playing with the spare gearbox, we have some extra time today and will be sure to do it. :slight_smile:

As for him reading the forums, he might have seen it, but, again, I am not going to hide anything if the issue comes up.

Until we burned up a motor ourselves, I was contemplating offering to buy some other team’s burned motor for the specific purpose of gearbox experiments. No need now. That smell? still inside the motor a week later. I’m now working on repair for testing use too.