So we’ve been working with the NEO brushless motors from REV and today we’ve been having an astonishing amount of problems getting it to work correctly so we’re looking for suggestions. Our problem is as follows:
After about 35-40 seconds of turning on power to the robot (Applying power to the SPARK MAX and CAN bus), the motor begins stuttering heavily in Brake mode (it does the same in Coast mode, it’s just less noticeable. The robot then needs to be fully power throttled before the motors will function again, but it just goes back to the same state after the 35-40 seconds.
Things we’ve tried:
-Switching firmware versions = We’ve used v1.0.385 and v1.0.381, as well as the 1.1.26Beta version.
-Swtiching NEO Motors
-Swtiching SPARK MAX controllers
Here’s some videos of our tests:
We’re open to suggestions, we’ve been at this for 4+ hours and we’ve only discovered more problem.
Thank you from Team 1310