NetworkTables omitted from 2014 Netbeans plugins?

Greetings all!

Given the need to detect hot goals in this competition, our team has decided to put more priority on getting tracking to work this year.

We were considering going the Roborealm route, since we’re not as familiar with OpenCV and, after research, using some sort of coprocessor seemed like the best idea. (If you have any suggestions for that, we’d be glad to hear them, but obviously there are plenty of other threads for that specific purpose)

However, it appears that the NetworkTables classes are no longer included in the API for FIRST. We checked machines that have not yet been updated, and the classes are there, but on our personal machines with the updated plugins, the class is not recognized.

Does anyone know if we’re not supposed to use NetworkTables this year or something? An alumnus of the team thought he remembered something about Network Tables hogging bandwidth.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

Try deleting the sunspotfrcsdk directory and reinstalling the plugins. I have NetworkTables running fine.

Really? I did as you said on Arch Linux, to the extreme-- I uninstalled netbeans 7.4, deleted the sunspotfrcsdk directory, deleted the .netbeans directory, reinstalled netbeans and the plugins, and there was no difference.

I also rebooted into windows, running Netbeans 7.3.1, and updated the plugins. I actually saw the class go away.

I attached a picture of the list I have.
Note: despite it saying FRC 2013, I do have the 2014 plugins downloaded from here:
http://first.wpi.edu/FRC/java/WPILibJ2014.0.zip

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Huh, that’s really weird… I’ll see what I can do after school when I get to my laptop (currently using a school-issued chromebook while my computer science teacher is talking to people lol).

EDIT: Try adding the plugins to netbeans as described here under “Setting the internet plugin location in NetBeans.” If this doesn’t work, I guess I could send you the libraries later.

It looks like they did not include the NetworkTables source when building the javadocs. However, it is included in the projects and still accessible from your robot code.

Does anyone know if we’re not supposed to use NetworkTables this year or something? An alumnus of the team thought he remembered something about Network Tables hogging bandwidth.

There have been bugs in the past with specific implementations of NetworkTables, for example C++ last year. However, they are not banned.

Until we make another update, you can find the source code and java docs with only a few small differences in the <user-dir>\sunspotfrcsdk\desktop-lib directory. I think it’s only different by a few lines that use the JavaME vs JavaSE sockets.

Brad

Ah, thank you very much for point this out. I could have sworn someone tried to compile with an instance of NetworkTable and the compiler yelled at him, but clearly this is not the case.

Also, thanks for the tip, Brad.

Thank you all very much for your help.