New BLDC motors... basically confirmed?

Looks like 1323 knows something we don’t about motors next year… Go wild

1 Like

Do we really need this speculation in two threads? Especially when one is just a repost of the other thread?

9 Likes

Are u talking about the og thread or is there another one I missed? The og thread was about the sale of their Neos , not necessarily for speculation.

Thank you Yamaan, very cool.

1 Like

Nah, it clearly means 1323 won’t be building any robots at all next year.

36 Likes

I do not like to money face at the end. Will they be even more expensive than neos and the spark maxes?

I can’t imagine that one year after a new product is widely adopted by highly competitive teams and hailed as a game changer that other companies would try to get into the market.

14 Likes

I believe Tom(SenorZ) was being sarcastic.

8 Likes

CTRE has been working on BLDC for a number of years now. REV was just the first company to bring it to FIRST teams. After speaking with CTRE at Detroit this year, I would be extremely surprised to see them NOT release either a new brushless controller, motor, or both before the upcoming season. The biggest issues they were having was getting FIRST to approve the new tech in the past.

4 Likes

Man I was just hinting at 775pro drive… :frowning: Thought it was the best stuff since sliced :bread:.

50 Likes

I just assumed they were going to Nidec with their superior brushless motor

21 Likes

I don’t think superior is a full term.
Far exceeding in might and velocity to any of the competition (or lack thereof)

BIGGEST.
THING.
SINCE.
WHEELS.

This is a complete sentence.

4 Likes

This is simply untrue. I’ll have you know that our lord and savior NIDEC brought brushless to us all.

All hail the king.

12 Likes

I thought ROS was our lord and savior…
Or are they one and the same thing? :thinking:

Y’all haven’t heard? There is going to be a virtual field next year. No need for drive trains at all. Goes along with the new rules for no bag and tag.

2 Likes

Darn internet. Sarcastic tone just doesn’t get through.

Don’t lie to me like that :angry:

1 Like

Virtual events. To cut down on travel expenses.

Virtual students, no more bored and tired scouts

3 Likes