New BLDC motors... basically confirmed?

I just realized that this is a game hint. Cims make better boat anchors than Neos. Water Game!!!

5 Likes

How does the inspection process work with the virtual robots?

Introspection and reflection.

1 Like

CAD. Down to the 0.0001 tolerance. Oh, and it has to be done in MicroStation.

1 Like

Awww…

I was hoping that we would be doing Vulcan Mind Meld with the robot designers

Virtual Al don’t cha know.

It is a small step from Big Al to Big AI. You might not even notice it.

Until he diagnoses your robot’s inspection issue based on the team’s CD posting history.

3 Likes

And this is why sans-serif fonts are the devil’s work.

9 Likes

At Ieast it’s becoming more popuIar to put the end bits on an uppercase l in otherwise sans-serif fonts. l think it’s a good decision in the lnternet age where someone couId abuse easiIy.

I got the same impression from the CTRE rep at Worlds.

It seems that if somebody else was about to release a new BLDC, it would be out for Beta test by now. In the past First has been pretty public about Beta testing. Maybe a little absent in communication skills. Just an observation.

One of the points of controlling allowed motors is that there isn’t a secret club with special parts.

If I’m remembering right, the NEO was tested privately by some REV sponsored teams outside of FIRST’s beta program. Perhaps VEX (and CTRE, I assume) is doing the same thing for IFI teams.

We are not currently beta-testing any products. Maybe others are but I can say we currently are not and have not been approached to do so.

1 Like