New Falcon price? (Still OOS)

This is so expensive, I am currently experiencing sticker shock.

15 Likes

I believe their MCU is an automotive grade dsPIC integrated CAN and motor driver which has had substantial supply chain issues

I am not at all surprised it’s that much.

Still, spending $2200 on 10 motors is insane

Before we know it an individual motor is going to cost as much as an entire swerve module.

5 Likes

at the new price, a swerve base using MK4I modules from SDS will cost 3.5k.
and thats before factoring in anything else, thats just exclusively the modules, motors, and cancoders.

4 Likes

SDS modules can still be used with NEO + SparkMax which only costs $138 and doesn’t come with quality control issues.

23 Likes

Just wanted to point out-falcons used to be $180, totaling $5 cheaper than the most expensive swerve module (MK4I). Now, Falcons are $40 more EACH. This means that if you’re using Falcons for any swerve module (probably any drivetrain) the motors are by far the most expensive part.

4 Likes

These $40 increases each season are too consistent for keeping up with a supply chain issue.

This is likely our last straw on these motors and buying any of them new from a supplier. This is insane.

9 Likes

I can’t decide which catchphrase is catchier:

The only motor you’ll never be able to buy

Or

The only motor you’ll never be able to afford

16 Likes

The WERE $139.99 when released.

23 Likes

The only motor you’ll ever need (to take a loan out to afford)

22 Likes

Didn’t know that, and it makes it even worse for me. Truly insane how the price has increased $80 in 3 years.

3 Likes

Since release they have gone up 57% in price. During the same period, NEO + SparkMax went up only 20% from $115 to $138. Vex is being ridiculous here and they shouldn’t be jacking up prices this high especially with all the QC issues here.

15 Likes

indeed, I’m well aware of the cheaper (arguably better at this point) alternative.

Well, if anyone was looking for more reasons to get Neos; here it is folks!

3 Likes

That seems cheap for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

1 Like

Note: this change is reflected on all sellers websites.

Not to mention you still have to pay an additional undisclosed amount of money if you want to use Phoenix Pro which comes with FOC, a feature advertised at launch 3 years ago.

:clown_face:

20 Likes

Wow, over the past couple of weeks VEX/IFI have been the best Rev spokesmen ever. Greg should be paying them.

43 Likes

Friendly reminder that even with the increased price, NEO ($48) + SparkMax ($90) is cheaper than the original launch price of the Falcon, $138 < $140.

18 Likes

This probably means it will come into stock soon.

3 Likes