new fundraising opportunity

"Cheryl, we have been helping robotics teams in the San Fransisco area raise a great deal of funding and wanted to offer you the same opportunity. My organization, Angie’s List, collects customer satisfaction ratings on service companies such as plumbers, roofers, and handymen. We are opening a new office in the LA area and are compliling a huge database of consumer feedback to do this. We have turned this into a fundraising opportunity for robotics teams where we pay your team $5.00 for every one page report form the team has their parents, neighbors, etc. complete online through our website. I urge you to peruse our website, www.angieslist.com/reportdrive, for more information. Our robotics teams in the San Fran/San Jose area have raised a great deal of funds and I am more than willing to provide contacts/references if you would like to speak directly with a robotics team that has participated in our Report Drive. Do let me know if you have any questions or would like further information!

Thank you,

Carrie Strong"

My old team (100) had started to do this a few weeks ago. From what I heard it seemed like a fairly easy way to make some money.

Did they receive their money and everything? I don’t want to do all that work and then not get a check…

The only thing I’m worried about is all the people who write reports have to give all this personal information. Full name, e-mail address, house address, and phone number. While they do say they will not give or sell your information to anyone, their privacy policy is very short and quite general and they claim to reserve the right to change it at any time, with the most current one being the only one in effect. This worries me.

although it sounds like a great and easy way to make money I really don’t see how the company it-self makes any money, seems to me that the only way they really could, is by selling your personal info.

I am a bit of a business man myself and i can say that if it looks to good to be true then it prob. is. :\

We got exactaly $479.60 from Angies list. So I’d say it worked out fairly well.

But look at all the personal info they got from you.