New Indiana FIRST Board of Directors President

All,

Since 2001, Indiana teams have been bonding together through an organization called “Indiana FIRST”. In 2004, we made this group more than just an association of teams by organizing ourselves and creating a Board of Directors (link shows officers from this past year). While our mission is modest, we are off to a great start. Because of this bond and our willingness to assist each other, many Indiana teams have won numerous awards in FIRST.

This past weekend, the Indiana teams got together for our 5th annual “Indiana FIRST Teams Workshops”. During this inspiring day, we elected a new president of our Board of Directors. I am very happy to announce that Josh Hambright is our new Board president. Josh has been a student and mentor on team 461 and has been instrumental in supporting IRI, www.indianafirst.org webiste, and has served as a FIRST referee. Josh’s energy and passion overcome the experience that many of us crusty veterans have, and I look forward to supporting Josh in this deserving role.

Please welcome me in congratulating Josh in this leadership position.

Sincerely,
Andy Baker
outgoing Indiana FIRST Board of Directors president
Mechanical Engineer, Delphi
Team Leader, TechnoKats Robotics Team
Co-owner, AndyMark.biz

ps… fear the mohawk!

Wowie! Congratulations Josh!!

You “crusty veterans” are lucky to have him around :wink: And to you, Mr. President, congratulations and good luck!

CONGRATS Josh … er … I mean … Mr. Prez … :yikes:

I think I can speak for the rest of the officers when I say that we are looking forward to your passionate and energetic leadership! :smiley:

And cool hair too! :yikes:

Congratulations Josh!! I’m sure you’ll steer IndianaFIRST in the right direction!

Best of luck in your new position!

Sean

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement everyone.

I hope I can really do some good things with IndianaFIRST.