New LabView in old 2007 IFI controllers

Does anyone here know if the 2013 labview can be used on the old IFI controllers? We have plans to use them for an offseason fun project, but all of our programmers have no experience with the IFI controllers. Before we all decide to inevitably learn C, we want to know if we can use what we know. :slight_smile: The main question that we have is that the joysticks are hooked through serial port, and the labview always says USB1, USB2, etc. Would using that work or is there a workaround, or do we all need to learn C?

We have a copy of EasyC, but of course we lost the licensing code. :slight_smile:

You’ve got to learn C There’s no way around it. The 2007 default code can be found here. If my memory serves, you’ll need MPLab 7.2 and the C18 compiler. I’m pretty sure most of the documentation can still be found on IFI’s website.

so there’s no way to even port labview code to the controller? Our team also has the old hardware laying around and would like to do some things with it, but none of us really know C either.

Nope. There’s no way around it. You’re going to compile code for bare metal going onto a PIC microprocessor. Take a look at the 2007 default code as Phil mentioned. It’ll be a nice learning experience :slight_smile:

This thread also got revived. There’s some good information there as well.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I havent been back on in a while. Thanks for the info. :slight_smile: