New Nitra AVS-5222-24D solenoid valve, need help with wiring!

We bought a new solenoid valve to power a second pneumatic cylinder. Specifically the Nitra AVS-5222-24D, which is here https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/shopping/catalog/pneumatic_components/pneumatic_valves_-a-_accessories/general_purpose_solenoid_directional_control_air_valves/5-port_(4-way),_2-pos.,_body_ported_-z-_manifold_(avs-5,am_series)/avs-5222-24d

I am unsure how to wire it. The positive and negative terminals on the right I understand:
IMG_0998

But it’s this loop on the left I don’t understand:
IMG_0997

Also, does this look OK? The new valve did not ship with fittings, but the adapters we have thread/screw in fine:

What’s the NPT on this? Has to be 1/8in to be FRC Legal.

Edit: From the Automation direct website it is 1/4 NPT therefore making it ILLEGAL per R84

“C. Solenoid valves with a maximum 1⁄8 in. (nominal, ~3 mm) NPT, BSPP, or BSPT port diameter or integrated quick connect 1⁄4 in. (nominal, ~6mm) outside diameter tubing connection,”

This is what it says: NITRA solenoid valve, 5-port (4-way), 2-position, double solenoid, (1) 1/4in female NPT inlet(s), (2) 1/4in female NPT outlet(s), (2) 1/8in female NPT exhaust(s), Cv=0.89, 24 VDC, 3.0W, 11mm DIN style wiring plug.

From the Automation direct website it is 1/4 NPT therefore making it ILLEGAL per R84

“C. Solenoid valves with a maximum 1⁄8 in. (nominal, ~3 mm) NPT, BSPP, or BSPT port diameter or integrated quick connect 1⁄4 in. (nominal, ~6mm) outside diameter tubing connection,”

If someone else wants to chime in to provide another thought be my guest. I could be wrong.

Is this one’s specs legal? AVS-3221-24D

NITRA solenoid valve, 3-port (3-way), 2-position, double solenoid, (1) 1/8in female NPT inlet(s), (1) 1/8in female NPT outlet(s), (1) 1/8in female NPT exhaust(s), Cv=0.78, 24 VDC, 3.0W, 11mm DIN style wiring plug.

Since it is 1/8 NPT I would say yes. But I’m not a robot inspector, but interpreting the rules yes that would be legal.

We used the AVS-5211-24D last year, it worked great. We paired it with the SC11-LS24-3 cables, and it made wiring it up extremely easy!

Thanks! Do you have to have the SC11-LS24-3 cable or can you wire it yourself? We need a double solenoid, would this AVS-5221 work?

Thank you so much! How awful would it be for us to get to the competition only to have an illegal solenoid?

It’s frustrating that we used a voucher on something we can’t even use or exchange, but lesson learned and disaster averted!

No problem! That’s what CD is for. :^)

No, we could have wired it ourselves… but the cable made it a lot easier and more reliable. You just take the old contact block off and screw this on in its place. Trim the cables to the proper length, and plug in!

The 5221 should be legal, as it has 1/8" ports.