I’ve posted a new TipJar video, giving a summary of the TipJar Videos so far, as a tour of Team 843’s FRC code.
The purpose of this video is not to teach new concepts, but to relate back to ones taught in previous Tip Jars.
- The concept of robustness: good code can be easily modified, debugged, scaled to work in different situations.
- The Block Diagram, Begin VI, TeleOp VI, Lifter VI, Steering VI, Debugging VI, and Autonomous Independent.
- The uses of the “Command Signal”: initializing it, writing to it, and reading from it.
- The use of “Boolean trigger” to have actions take press on joystick button presses only when pressed or released.
- A consistent and robust approach for programming a robot function VI using a “shifter”.
- How to create and use “Re-entrant VIs” to modularize and reuse code for identical robot subsystems in parallel.
- How to use the command signal architecture to create a simple autonomous VI which uses the full functionality of your robot code.
All the best,